• ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Isn’t there a 3 box limit
    Yes, but I see people bring their whole family in there and they all get the max. Some even make it in twice and just go to another register. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been any robberies or other altercations in the news.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Smh all I want is some 308/7.62.
    But when I worked at gander during the 2013 panic people would do the same shit with their family and friends with them.

I kinda got green listening to all the Academy counter kids talking about the ammo they had stashed away in back.

Then I realized they have to put up with this shit day in day out. I figure they earned it.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Any reloaders out there looking for 9mm bullets, Everglades has several different sizes in stock. I went ahead and got 1,000 plated 115 grain for $109 w/ no tax and free shipping. After I load those, I’ll be down to my last 2,000 small pistol primers. Was hoping not to go that low before I found some more. Definitely not paying what they want on gunbroker.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Talked to the guy at the Academy by the house today. They’re getting ammo in. 5.56, 9mm, 7.62X39, most of the popular calibers. But he said that the same group of guys are lined up at the door every truck day. I’m sure they are the ones gouging on gunbroker. I know it’s hard, especially if you are low or out of ammo, but I sure wish people would stop paying these prices. There is a shortage, but it’s not near as bad as we think because the same guys are lining up and taking it all to sell at gun shows and auction sites. The only ammo I have bought since March, has been a spam can of 7.62X54R that I paid $99 for (helluva deal if you ask me) and some shotgun shells. I still shoot my pistols 2X a week, because I bought tons of it when it was cheap and plentiful. I’m guessing prices will never be back where they were!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah **** those people.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Talked to the guy at the Academy by the house today. They’re getting ammo in. 5.56, 9mm, 7.62X39, most of the popular calibers. But he said that the same group of guys are lined up at the door every truck day. I’m sure they are the ones gouging on gunbroker. I know it’s hard, especially if you are low or out of ammo, but I sure wish people would stop paying these prices. There is a shortage, but it’s not near as bad as we think because the same guys are lining up and taking it all to sell at gun shows and auction sites. The only ammo I have bought since March, has been a spam can of 7.62X54R that I paid $99 for (helluva deal if you ask me) and some shotgun shells. I still shoot my pistols 2X a week, because I bought tons of it when it was cheap and plentiful. I’m guessing prices will never be back where they were!!

Why don't these damn stores just load the shelves at random times during the day. Especially if the "guy" is aware of the problem. The neck beards will stop showing up in a week or two once the hole dries up...

With that being said, I have been the guy at the store at open to load up. Not for resell but personal stock. This will be I think my 3rd ammo shortage. I am good. The only thing I wish I would have done was go deeper on reloading supplies. Also 6mm creedmoor, I
    t had seemed to avoid the price hike until a couple weeks ago.

If you have been here for a couple years and been into guns longer and you are out of ammo now that is your fault. If you are new to guns in probably the last 5 or 6 years that sucks for you. The ship of "buy it cheap and stack it deep" has sailed.

Some more than me could muse about sub $5 550 bulk packs of. 22lr and surplus 7.62 and x39 and x54r that was dirt cheep and as much as you could carry.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Why don't these damn stores just load the shelves at random times during the day. Especially if the "guy" is aware of the problem. The neck beards will stop showing up in a week or two once the hole dries up...

With that being said, I have been the guy at the store at open to load up. Not for resell but personal stock. This will be I think my 3rd ammo shortage. I am good. The only thing I wish I would have done was go deeper on reloading supplies. Also 6mm creedmoor, I

If you have been here for a couple years and been into guns longer and you are out of ammo now that is your fault. If you are new to guns in probably the last 5 or 6 years that sucks for you. The ship of "buy it cheap and stack it deep" has sailed.

Some more than me could muse about sub $5 550 bulk packs of. 22lr and surplus 7.62 and x39 and x54r that was dirt cheep and as much as you could carry.

Idk where in Texas you are at, but Gibsons in Weatherford has alot of 6mm creedmoor in stock

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I kinda got green listening to all the Academy counter kids talking about the ammo they had stashed away in back.

Then I realized they have to put up with this shit day in day out. I figure they earned it.

I have a friend that works at an academy behind the counter. I asked him quietly “you got any 9mm in the back” and he goes “yeah yeah I got you” and brought out the last stashed box of 50 pays to know people

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston

I got into shooting and owning firearms a year and a half ago. So this is my first time dealing with this stuff. Thankfully I did stock up on ammo. I have thousands of factory rounds of every caliber I own. As well as thousands of reloads. Only thing that caught me off guard was primers! I had a case of 5,000 each of small and large pistol primers when they dried up. I am down to 3,000 small and 2,000 large. The last 10 months I have been shooting like nothing has changed, but I never thought I would be this low on primers.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well cody you're in a better position than most. Ammo will settle but probably a year from now. I'm still selling now but that's about to hit a trickle. Luckily deer season takes away a good 2 months of recreational shooting or else I'd be worried. In the meantime I'll load what I can't buy for a while before I start to sweat it.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Okay, some disclaimers first:
    * This is only a "good deal", maybe, in the sense that it looks like there's some ammo in stock. The prices are high. I know some have been having trouble finding certain calibers, so maybe...
    * I have never ordered from this site. I found him on Twitter (not a good start, usually) and he seemed like an okay guy. That's the only endorsement I can offer. If any of you peeps does do an order, please make a report. It could be helpful.

Here's his page:

PS - he also sells drones and offers up drone advice for the new user. He takes some pretty good drone pics, too.
    GLWP

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom