• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    Hotshot the President of the US and the Senate are working to vote an assault weapons ban in. Gun and ammo prices aren't going down. If anything they'll go up.

Secondly, even if NONE of the above was true, component prices have gone up 50%. Prices will NEVER be below 25 cpr for brass new from major ammo manufacturers.

If you don't know and understand this graph then you shouldn't talk about future prices.

View attachment 360807
    Well Fred I just saw some 9mm brass ammo fmj for 23.9cents a round advertised today with free shipping

I guess you dont understand that graph or future pricing.

You said Prices will NEVER be below 25 cpr for brass new from major ammo manufacturers

Must not know what you are talking about
    Target Sports

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Just got this. With the rebate it's like 20 cents a round before taxes n shipping for 700 rounds of 9mm with 200 rounds being JHP.

Break down is 124 grn is 28 cents a round and the JHP after rebate is 25 cents a round.

Screenshot_20221216-185839_Email.jpg

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Heads up on the 9mm Sierra JHPs. They did poorly on a gel test by Tools&Targets. Shortly after, they were for sale cheap all over. I considered buying until I saw the vid, decided to stay with well proven HSTs.

Sierra saw the vid and changed the bullet design going with a deeper cavity. T&T tested the 2.0, as he calls them, and they did much better.

The problem: will you get the old stuff or the new one? If you sort the comments by newest on the 2.0 vid, the PSA sale is being discussed. Speculation that it's the old stuff being blown out.

If it's worth it to you as cheap practice ammo, might be a good deal. Just FYI to consider before choosing to carry it if you get the old stuff.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Heads up on the 9mm Sierra JHPs. They did poorly on a gel test by Tools&Targets. Shortly after, they were for sale cheap all over. I considered buying until I saw the vid, decided to stay with well proven HSTs.

Sierra saw the vid and changed the bullet design going with a deeper cavity. T&T tested the 2.0, as he calls them, and they did much better.

The problem: will you get the old stuff or the new one? If you sort the comments by newest on the 2.0 vid, the PSA sale is being discussed. Speculation that it's the old stuff being blown out.

If it's worth it to you as cheap practice ammo, might be a good deal. Just FYI to consider before choosing to carry it if you get the old stuff.

Meh....I don't really care if my HPs expand or not. As long as they fire & hit what I aim at, I'm good.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    View attachment 363402

Target Sports has decent prices (compared to the current prices, not pre Covid prices)

Not familiar with Geco, seems to get favorable reviews

Geco has made ammo for decades. Good stuff.

Haven't heard of Republic. And Sumbro sounds like Sumdood's brother-in-law....you know, the guy who put the drugs in the pocket of the pants you're wearing....

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Probably not a good deal unless you live close since it’s only in store, but this is a darn good deal in todays crazy world. Gonna jump on the bike and take the 10 minute ride to get my three boxes.

View attachment 364436
    Just picked them up. They are tied to your ph#, so only three per person. Also, they are offering free 1hr range time on Dec 31st, so I’ll probably so that too. BTW, they have .357 mag FMJ in stock. Regal Belliot brand for $44.99 Bx/50

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Just picked them up. They are tied to your ph#, so only three per person. Also, they are offering free 1hr range time on Dec 31st, so I’ll probably so that too. BTW, they have .357 mag FMJ in stock. Regal Belliot brand for $44.99 Bx/50
    Passed that on to a friend that lives very close to there. Thanks

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    They still have the Sierra deal going on. Breaks out to $60 for 200rd 45acp after the rebate. With free shipping, I went ahead and placed my order.

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    Field and Stream Katy had the Aguilla 1 3/4 inch 12 gauge 7.5 shot shells on clearance. Boxes of 20 end up being $12.72.

There were 5 boxes left after me today at about 3:30pm.

Top Bottom