• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I decided to gamble on the WM Federal automatch. Sure enough they had quite a few boxes at the 21 dollar price. A limit of 1 though. I burned through 2 bricks this past weekend. Worth it, but afterwards I had a little remorse about shooting up that much. I had it to spare, but I don't have am unlimited supply. I'll stop in every other day and pick one up until they run out. The equivalent Winchester which is only 300 rounds is $40 a box! Minimags are cheaper. I've always preferred Federal for bulk box 22.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I decided to gamble on the WM Federal automatch. Sure enough they had quite a few boxes at the 21 dollar price. A limit of 1 though. I burned through 2 bricks this past weekend. Worth it, but afterwards I had a little remorse about shooting up that much. I had it to spare, but I don't have am unlimited supply. I'll stop in every other day and pick one up until they run out. The equivalent Winchester which is only 300 rounds is $40 a box! Minimags are cheaper. I've always preferred Federal for bulk box 22.
    Automatch has always been good to me. $21 aint as cheap as 2018 but I will take it

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Just got a heads up from Brownells as they have Aguila .22lr 40 grain box of 50 for 5.24 a box
    That's pretty pricey for .22lr
    I think the most I've ever spent per round on .22lr is around 7 cents a round. I've been paying 6.7 cent per round for Federal Automatch at Walmart the past year or so.

Reactions: MTA

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    That's pretty pricey for .22lr
    I think the most I've ever spent per round on .22lr is around 7 cents a round. I've been paying 6.7 cent per round for Federal Automatch at Walmart the past year or so.
    And I have a brick of 500 that I paid $9.99 for back in the 80s. $.02/round! Still has the price tag on it. Unfortunately price are still not what they were before Covid!

joe45c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2022
    peru, ny
    Walmart has lots of 22 ammo. 300 rds of Win for $41.

Some others too.
    Our walmart up here has that deal too. i passed. But in another place that we have up here had CCI mini mags for $30.00 for 300. so i bought those. Just wanted some to add to my stash, but then i decided to go to the range and ended up shooting have of the box out of my marlin 39a and winchester model 63. Oh well that's what they are for.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Back in 2008 when the first ammo shortage started I was at Academy and found 1 brick of Remington .22 ammo in the green and yellow box for $12.79 and I bought the last one. The same day I went across the street to Gander Mountain just to look around. I stumbled on 5 cases of the same ammo that was marked $22.99
    I asked if there was a limit and they said no. I then asked if they price matched and they said yes. I went strait to the front and got a basket and quickly went back and grabbed 4 cases. (10 bricks per case) and headed for the register. I whipped out my receipt from Academy and they rang me up at $12.79 a brick. lol I'm still shooting that same cheap ammo to this day. :machine:

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    I found a few unused boxes of 9mm 115gr fmj ammo I bought about 10 years ago marked $7.79 a box.lol
    Man those were the days. Same ammo today at Academy is $21.99
    You could buy it for that three years ago if you looked closely.
    Back in 2008 when the first ammo shortage started I was at Academy and found 1 brick of Remington .22 ammo in the green and yellow box for $12.79 and I bought the last one. The same day I went across the street to Gander Mountain just to look around. I stumbled on 5 cases of the same ammo that was marked $22.99
    I asked if there was a limit and they said no. I then asked if they price matched and they said yes. I went strait to the front and got a basket and quickly went back and grabbed 4 cases. (10 bricks per case) and headed for the register. I whipped out my receipt from Academy and they rang me up at $12.79 a brick. lol I'm still shooting that same cheap ammo to this day. :machine:
    I have a 550 round box of Golden Bullets I bought at the Wichita Falls show during the 22LR shortage of 2012. I paid $20 for it which was outrageous at the time.Still have it.

Top Bottom