• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I got and tried some of their Maple Oatmeal and it was nasty. Not bad, but it did not make me want to try any of the other flavors. I supposed were I hungry it would be different. So I have a bunch of it stored in the closet because I'm sure I won't eat any of it. And my idea of a BOB is to move some guns closer to my chair it will remain if I need it.
    I'm too old to go running oft to the woods, so I plan to shoot up my neighbors houses from my mobility scooter by the front door. I AM STANDING MY GROUND cause I aint got much other choice.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    To me, almost all freeze dried food is pretty “blah”, but at that price, having 340 servings of something to eat ( we bought 2) in the event of “oh shit, we’re Venezuela now” is a good hedge. Stick in a closet and forget about it.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    But, are they 'gluten free'?

Just joking, and thanks for posting this.

I'm gonna get some.

I wanna be ready when the bidet team goes totally bonkers and they're close...

Burning, looting and murdering is only fair reparataions...right says President hair-ass...

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I have tries several items from Wise and was neither thrilled nor disgusted. It may be different now, but about 5 years ago Wise contained no real meat. Lay in some spam as well.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have tries several items from Wise and was neither thrilled nor disgusted. It may be different now, but about 5 years ago Wise contained no real meat. Lay in some spam as well.
    Spam, protein powder( have both) I also fish and hunt so my 21cf freezer generally looks like this
    0284D71B-97F3-49E7-9EB1-F46FE2DFE91D.jpeg

FerdinandIV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2021
    Waxahachie, TX
    I've got a couple of chest freezers of beef, we buy a cow every year and I also got lots of frozen chicken from last year in there. We bought some chickens in 2015 and I don't think I've had to buy chicken at the store since December of 2018. I'd really recommend keeping just 4 or 5 of them and a rooster if you can. Feeding them is easy if you let them free roam and have a source for bulk corn.

In terms of storage without electricity (If by some miracle our solar system goes down). Canned meat in the pantry can stay good for a really long time if stored properly. We've got some in there from last year that's still great (but I tend to go through all of our canned stuff every year). I've tried a few of these freeze-dried kits and I really don't like how they taste. It makes me feel like I'm eating MREs and I only like to do that once a year (for my bowels sake).

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    first thing we did was do a couple loaves of cheap bread. and then threw them away.

easy way to get rid of the factory smell / flavor

after that we did a bunch of eggs.

fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    good thing am in hog and deer territory, then the lake is .6 miles away if ever came down to that. Nice freezer Hoji, just got my new upright couple months ago after being on order with NFM for 7 months, then HD showed they had it and was delivered 3 days later with no delivery charge that NFM wanted 250 for, thing barely clears the ceiling fan.

jasmineel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2021
    Canada
    For a long time, I have become accustomed to ordering food online, especially fresh fruit. My preferences were exotic fruits and berries, and I think I order them practically every day, especially form newbiedeals.com . After a while, I saw some pieces left, and I decided to freeze them, and you know it's a pretty good idea. I could then use them for a smoothie or maybe a morning porridge. It's a reasonably effective and essentially economical method. Perhaps a little they lose their taste while they are frozen, but still, it doesn't compare with dried fruits, I think I opt more for this idea.

Top Bottom