• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hey fellas,

My first rifle was an FEG AMD 65. I swore I was "an AK guy". You know how we get when we first get into the gun community and that first week of research, to our virgin selves, meant we were weapons experts. But then I bought an AR, and then another AR. Then I bought another AR. THEN, I BUILT one... and another... and another... and bought an AR pistol... and built and AR pistol, and another aaaaaaand FINALLY I come back around to getting another AK. Some AK guy I ended up being.

This is a WASR 10/63. Fellow tells me it's decades old "which is better". Strait gas and sight block. The AK AND three mags for 875, shipped.

So I have two questions. Is it worth it (good/fair deal)? Does it have a chrome lined barrel. I can't seem to find anything stating whether or not the old ones have it.

Thanks!

IMG_5180.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yes it has a chrome lined barrel. The 10/63 is basically a parts kit built on a newer reciever by Cugir. They were actual military rifles that were disassembled. I believe they came out around 2006 after the SAR series rifles. The rifle itself is not decades old although I'm sure the parts are like a dated trunnion. IMO they are the best WASR to have if parts numbers match and sight block is straight. Newer WASR-10's are also great and made in the same Cugir factory as the military rifles, but not made from military rifles.

I think $875 is fair for today's market. I've seen several listed for well over $1000. I was cruising gunbroker this past weekend and saw one for $1,500 with over 30 bids and 2 days left.

Top Bottom