Good deals passed up...

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by kville79, Oct 6, 2008.

1. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I think everyone has had those gun purchases they wish they made. But do to financial means, or just ignorance we've passed them up.

I can think of quite a few times where I've been ignorant and passed up good deals before. One time stands out very much so in my mind, When I was in Benning one soldier had a connection that could have gotten us WASR-10's at $350 a pop.... that's in hand total, $350 a pop. No limit on how many you could order... etc... I've been kicking myself in the rear for the past 2yrs for passing that up. Another thing about Benning that I wish I could have taken more advantage of is the Gun range had an FFL dealer that would order guns +10% transfer charge at FFL prices. *sigh* ignorant me of 2yrs ago.

How about you guys/gals?

2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    At a local place, I've found several insane deals on some out of the ordinary guns. I found 2 H&K P9S Targets, each was only $899 when the going rate is typically $1200-1500 for those in similar condition. Those are the only ones I can remember, though I know I've seen plenty of other crazy deals I've unfortunately had to pass on for one reason or another.

3. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Still kicking myself.... Shortly after eturning from Iraq the Marine Corps Force Recon stood up two new units that were actually attatched to SOCOM (Special Operations Command), my next door neighbor was in one of these units and always bringing home new "toys". One day he called me over to his truck and pulled out two Kimber cases... inside two brand new Kimber SOCOM customs... Kimber was selling them to the operators at cost, something ridiculous I think around $400 or less.... He offered to get me one, and to this day I am kicking myself for NOT making sure my wife was around....

4. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Ouch, that's painful just reading DirtyD. BTW I was ecstatic when I heard that they finally added Force Recon to SOCOM.

5. jim t

jim t Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    I am a good bit older than most of you guys, and yeah I have passed up a bunch of good deals for one reason or another. but the most regret i have about something like that is the one I couldnt buy because dad wouldnt let me. I was 14 and wanted a rifle of my own. now some of you might remember a chain store called Gibsons. we had one near us back then. they had a sporting goods department I just loved.they had military suplus rifles by the barrel. I really mean that, they had them in barrels. and you just picked the one you wanted. could have gotten a m1 for 49.oo bucks, or a mosins for 29.00 german rifles for 39.00. and all I had to do was pick the one I wanted. only I was 14 so dad would have to buy it for me. he finnaly let me get a shotgun. I still see all those M1s standing there calling to me.

6. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Buying NFA stuff 30 years ago instead of now!

7. Texas Patriot

Texas Patriot Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    Saw a NIB Springfield M1A Scout model with camo stock for $1100. Wanted it BAD, but finances kept me from getting it then.

8. jar

jar New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Found a Registered Magnum but it sold before I could get back with the cash.

9. Major Woody

Major Woody Active Member

Sep 12, 2008
    I was looking at an AMT AutoMag in .22 magnum for 400.00. I did some research on forums and got bad replies. Yesterday I went in, it had sold, and the person was back in getting ammo, raving about how well it shot with no jams. But I really kick myself for trading in a Kimber series one Ultra Carry for a rifle. Ouch!

10. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    About twenty five years ago my Dad decided to sell most of his firearm collection. He offered to sell me anything I wanted at what he paid when he bought them. I didn't have the money at the time, but what is nuts is that he offered to let me pay it out over his lifetime, no interest! Were talking a 1903A3 and many other WWII military rifles in excellent condition! What would have these rifles and pistols cost me? An average of $100.00 per gun. Turn these guns down? What was I thinking!:banghead: I really regret turning down an opportunity like that. I sure wish I had those guns.:(