• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I think everyone has had those gun purchases they wish they made. But do to financial means, or just ignorance we've passed them up.

I can think of quite a few times where I've been ignorant and passed up good deals before. One time stands out very much so in my mind, When I was in Benning one soldier had a connection that could have gotten us WASR-10's at $350 a pop.... that's in hand total, $350 a pop. No limit on how many you could order... etc... I've been kicking myself in the rear for the past 2yrs for passing that up. Another thing about Benning that I wish I could have taken more advantage of is the Gun range had an FFL dealer that would order guns +10% transfer charge at FFL prices. *sigh* ignorant me of 2yrs ago.

How about you guys/gals?
    Target Sports

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    At a local place, I've found several insane deals on some out of the ordinary guns. I found 2 H&K P9S Targets, each was only $899 when the going rate is typically $1200-1500 for those in similar condition. Those are the only ones I can remember, though I know I've seen plenty of other crazy deals I've unfortunately had to pass on for one reason or another.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Still kicking myself.... Shortly after eturning from Iraq the Marine Corps Force Recon stood up two new units that were actually attatched to SOCOM (Special Operations Command), my next door neighbor was in one of these units and always bringing home new "toys". One day he called me over to his truck and pulled out two Kimber cases... inside two brand new Kimber SOCOM customs... Kimber was selling them to the operators at cost, something ridiculous I think around $400 or less.... He offered to get me one, and to this day I am kicking myself for NOT making sure my wife was around....

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Ouch, that's painful just reading DirtyD. BTW I was ecstatic when I heard that they finally added Force Recon to SOCOM.

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    I am a good bit older than most of you guys, and yeah I have passed up a bunch of good deals for one reason or another. but the most regret i have about something like that is the one I couldnt buy because dad wouldnt let me. I was 14 and wanted a rifle of my own. now some of you might remember a chain store called Gibsons. we had one near us back then. they had a sporting goods department I just loved.they had military suplus rifles by the barrel. I really mean that, they had them in barrels. and you just picked the one you wanted. could have gotten a m1 for 49.oo bucks, or a mosins for 29.00 german rifles for 39.00. and all I had to do was pick the one I wanted. only I was 14 so dad would have to buy it for me. he finnaly let me get a shotgun. I still see all those M1s standing there calling to me.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I was looking at an AMT AutoMag in .22 magnum for 400.00. I did some research on forums and got bad replies. Yesterday I went in, it had sold, and the person was back in getting ammo, raving about how well it shot with no jams. But I really kick myself for trading in a Kimber series one Ultra Carry for a rifle. Ouch!

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    About twenty five years ago my Dad decided to sell most of his firearm collection. He offered to sell me anything I wanted at what he paid when he bought them. I didn't have the money at the time, but what is nuts is that he offered to let me pay it out over his lifetime, no interest! Were talking a 1903A3 and many other WWII military rifles in excellent condition! What would have these rifles and pistols cost me? An average of $100.00 per gun. Turn these guns down? What was I thinking!:banghead: I really regret turning down an opportunity like that. I sure wish I had those guns.:(

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    When I was in college in the 90's friend had a roommate. As was typically for the school I went to folks would get there and go bonkers buying stuff, then get close to graduation and see the cost of living increase from going to small town (less then 5K population) to big city and start saling stuff off like crazy to pay for the move and stuff.

Well my friend's roommate had spent the 80's being a career student (BS, MS, PhD, post doc) and was finally getting out of town. During that time he has accumulated - HK91, HK93, HK94, Galil, Galil ARM, Steyr AUG, Daewoo, several colt ARs, AR-180, and a bunch of Aks. Plus all the asorted stuff that go with these guns.

My buddy knew I was into the rifle stuff and let his roomie know. Guy offered me the whole lot with accessories for 5K. I could have gotten them, but at the time was dating a girl in NYC which was half a continent away, and the cash would have meant no trips to see here for the rest of semester. So I settled for taking the HK91 of his hands for $500 with three stocks (standard, sliding, side folder), scope and mount, two forgrips, a bipod and some other extras.

This was before the Assualt weapons bill sunsetted, but I was young and in love. Girl dumped me about 3 weeks later, but I still have the HK91. I still give myself a swift kick in the butt all every once and awhile as I walk around the gunshows and see the sticker prices on these things today and think I could have had them all for the cost of maybe two of them at todays prices.

malladus

Raidersrule

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Sig P239 that was listed for $350 bucks at LGS. Some old nut bought it, didn't like it so sold it back. I left to think about it, went back with cash in hand, and the (*##$*)$ who got there after I left was walking out with it.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    damn, I've been wanting one of those myself...

I just recently got into the world of guns a few months ago, and I'm really wanting to start a Winchester collection and that is one of the most wanted guns that's on my list of must haves. Now that Winchester quit making guns its going to get harder to find them I'm afraid.

Roadkill Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My local dealer had a 6" Royal Blue Colt Diamondback .22LR for $500. It had a professional trigger job and was a smooth as butter. The week before I had just bought a 6" S&W 17 for $375, and didn't have any fun money left. Now I love my 17, but that Colt was really something to behold.

I have been resisting a $500 blued Colt Detective Special for a few weeks now. I keep hoping someone else will take it home before I have to.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I was in a pawn shop I frequent a while back and they had a eally nice nickel plated Smith model 57 with a 6" barrel for $450. I usually buy anything in .41mag but for some reason I chose not to get this one. After I came to my senses, two days later I returned to that shop and it was gone.

Salty1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Highland Village
    At the last Dallas show on the 2rd table I looked at was a mint Sig P220 Elite for $425, a few table down were more Sigs so I walked down just to scan what was there. Returning just a few minutes later and the Sig was gone, lesson learned, when you see a deal you better grab it cause it will be gone in less than 2 winks, ruined the whole day for me so I just bought some +P+ ammo and made myself feel a bit better by shooting some down range, in reality it did not work............

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    Back when I went to school in MO, passed up on an FN-FAL (or copy of one of some sorts) for $250. It was one of those places that just had a bunch of mil surplus in the back. SKSes were $125 a pop. I didn't know the laws, thought that being a Texas resident, and not a MO resident, I couldn't buy it. I still kick myself for it, I want one of those sooo bad.

Top Bottom