• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Any good FFLs with low transfer fees in the North Ft. Worth / Haslet area?

Would rather pay a good local guy, maybe a TGT guy...

Did a search and the last thread was pretty old, broken links to a guy in Haslet, guy in Bedford, etc.

After about 1 year I'm finally buying my first gun in TX... well, online at least.
    FDE P320C in 357SIG. 13 rounds of 357SIG will be nice compared to the 5+1 .45 in my XDs.
    OWB under my shirt should make it comfortable and not worry about printing or my shirt riding up during a twerk competition. Wait what...?
    Venture Surplus ad

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    1-1920-1080.jpg

or maybe a new house gun / range toy?

sig-p227-tacops.jpg

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I just sent a message to a guy that might be able to help ya. We'll see.
    Appreciate it Byrd.

I'm a local FFL (homebased). I'm in Springtown, which is about 30 minutes from Haslet depending on where in Haslet you are.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Appreciate it Byrd.

I'm a local FFL (homebased). I'm in Springtown, which is about 30 minutes from Haslet depending on where in Haslet you are.

The southern border, I'm actually in fort worth about 200y from Haslet.... 287/bonds ranch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    server ate my post! Let's try that again!!

Shoot Smart in Keller is also an alternative and good indoor range and good classes.
    Shoot Smart is only a few minutes from me. I'm on 287 @ Bonds Ranch.
    Nice range and nice staff...
    I'll have to check out their classes one day. Being self taught, I'd love to take a defensive shooting class or dare I say tactical....

Another member PM'd me about his home-based FFL services, I'll likely go with him to support the average Joe. One day I'd love to do the same... leave the corporate world and go into a family-based retail type thing....

bcrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Mike Wiley at Oakwood Arms in Hurst. Great guy, just recently opened his storefront on Bedford Euless rd.

Dr_Nimslow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    I hear Trinity Ordnance, just off Jacksboro highway in Lake Worth does transfers for $20. I just used Lead Heads on Saginaw main street, but he was $30.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I hear Trinity Ordnance, just off Jacksboro highway in Lake Worth does transfers for $20. I just used Lead Heads on Saginaw main street, but he was $30.

haven't been there yet but it's right down the street from me. We eat at Pulido's almost every saturday.

Funny thing, the guy that invented the Bullet Button in CA, Darin, owns a shop where I used to live in San Diego.
    Anyhow, he had a black wrangler just like the Lead Heads one, tons of business decals all over it

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    It seems that some of the big distributors that drop ship guns, like RSR, will no longer ship to "kitchen table" FFL. The policy was started in the summer but has been postponed implementation by RSR till just a few days ago. They require proof of a store front and pictures of stock/display cases.

Dr_Nimslow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    It seems that some of the big distributors that drop ship guns, like RSR, will no longer ship to "kitchen table" FFL. The policy was started in the summer but has been postponed implementation by RSR till just a few days ago. They require proof of a store front and pictures of stock/display cases.

That's nuts. I've got a buddy who works out of his house, he has ordered more than one gun for me from RSR.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    As far as I am concerned that is still rumor. They (RSR) just mailed me a handgun last week. They have said they were going to stop shipping serialized items to non storefront dealers in late 2016 but as so far as I can tell that time has not arrived yet. Luckily there are still others that work with small guys.

If you want some irony, go the RSR's web site in the about us section and they have a picture of the small garage they started in.

AdamT

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    In the spirit of not starting a Internet argument I'll give a quick concise reply.

TTAG is about as good as hind tits on a bull for gun information.

With that being said,

Tell RSR to get back the pistol they just sent me (to my house). My understanding of the issue is that it has more to do with shipping and the residential vs. business locations. There are a lot of cogs in small / large businesses and the wholesale / retail distribution side of things. There are several distributors out there. Some have hard rule for requiring a storefront and some do not.

Tell the nice lady at the ATF that she was at my house and not a gun store when she was here talking to me. We actually sat down at my kitchen table as there was more room then in my office. The main reason that home based guys get the squeeze is due to zoning issues. I would assume that if the ATF is actually not issuing a liscence to home based guys, I would not have recieved one. Your mileage may vary.

AdamT

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    RSR did sent out notice they would no longer be working with non brick and mortar locations. Haven't heard anything else about it because I immediately stopped doing business with them.

ETA

The ATF is still issuing homebased FFLs. There are, however, some local jurisdictions that will block them.

Last edited:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Has anyone dealt with 10dollargunclub.com? Basically pay $10 and get access to deep discounts, like Costco or something.

Guys over at ARFCOM have used him/them a bit - some shipping issues/delays, but seem to be honest mistakes with an honest and possibly overwhelmed guy. It looks like I can save a hundred or two using them on a couple pistols

P320 Compact, 357 sig in FDE
    320C-357-FDE

P227 TacOps
    E27R-45-TacOps-E

Some/Many of his guns are priced decently, with an option to email him for a lower price (due to MAP).

Some guys have reported it took 3-4 weeks due to miscellaneous shipping snafus (via his distributors, he's just a dropshipper). Others have tried it with no issue. I think I'm going to give him a try unless someone knows of anyone with much deeper discounting....
    Sub $550 on the P320 and sub $1100 on the P227

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom