• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coolbeans194

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    I'm about to buy a Titanium Gold Desert Eagle as it is on my bucket list and I'd love to keep it in supreme condition, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'm going to shoot at least a couple hundred rounds out of it. I want to keep it pristine condition and I know with even Gold Titanium the smallest things can leave scratches on it. I tend to get sweaty palms when shooting such extraordinary things so obviously I'm going with gloves. However I want to know the best gloves for shooting such a delicate gun. I know there are great sticky gloves, and great comfort gloves and am familiar with most, but more then anything, what is least likely to scratch my beauty once she gets in?
    Venture Surplus ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You don't need gloves for TiN and it's not gonna scratch. Trust me...

There's zero gold in the finish. It just looks gold. It's Titanium Nitride over carbon steel. The hardness is not even comparable to gold.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    @grasshopperglock Any sources for this info?

I've gotten a slide coated. Place outta California. They also do the desert eagles in pink gold...gold with tiger strip.

It may look fragile. Like a soft gold ring but it's one of the toughest firearm finishes around. If you'd like to see the durability before you buy. Try to scratch off the (TiN) titanium nitride from a coated drill bit. Don't be gentle either. Run a file across it.

The same stuff in on that desert eagle.

Last edited:

Coolbeans194

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    @grasshopperglock I love you, I have gone from on the fence about this purchase to going all in right now. Thank you so much. It's the Tiger Stripe variant and I believe all of those variants have the TiN finishes on them. I know it's just about the dumbest thing you can buy but that's the whole reason I want to buy one lol. Going in on payday on the first to place my order thank you so much, I'll probably just end up using mechanix shooting gloves for it. I'll post pictures for you whenever it comes in if that's allowed.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    @grasshopperglock I love you, I have gone from on the fence about this purchase to going all in right now. Thank you so much. It's the Tiger Stripe variant and I believe all of those variants have the TiN finishes on them. I know it's just about the dumbest thing you can buy but that's the whole reason I want to buy one lol. Going in on payday on the first to place my order thank you so much, I'll probably just end up using mechanix shooting gloves for it. I'll post pictures for you whenever it comes in if that's allowed.
    Allowed? Mandatory would better describe it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom