• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I like Rays Sporting Goods in Oak Cliff. Gun Gear To Go in Plano are nice people.

X2 on Ray's near downtown Dallas off Singleton. Good selection and friendly staff.

May be too far from you if you're in the northern DFW area, but since you mentioned small, local shops, there is also Bullseye Range and Guns in Duncanville. Their prices were a little high last time I was there, though.
    Guns International

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Definitely Ray's on Singleton. One of the gunsmiths put my AR-15 up on a vise, heated up my A2 hider and managed to get it and the crush washer off so that I could install my new mount. Only took him a couple of minutes while I waited. When I asked him how much he told me to just toss some beer money at his boss and his boss said don't worry about it he already had plenty. They are excellent people :D

clifpaul2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    celina tx
    Try Bradford ballistics in pilot point. I was in there yesterday and walked out with a new handgun and ammunition cheaper than I found identical items within 25 miles of Celina.

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk

TGTguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Plano
    And don't forget Frisco Gun Club. They have a nice selection but will also get you anything you want and you can negotiate....The same guy owns Bullet Trap in Plano

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    And don't forget Frisco Gun Club. They have a nice selection but will also get you anything you want and you can negotiate....The same guy owns Bullet Trap in Plano

Laat time I was in there, they told me they were getting out of the guns and accessory business except for high end hand guns and long guns. That's why they were running such good prices on all of them. IDK.

Sent from Cheyenne Mountain to confuse the NSA

TGTguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Plano
    Ive been special ordering guns from them recently and they been getting exactly what i want within a few days and they will "deal". They own Bullet Trap in Plano where they still stock guns. Frisco is still feeling its way. I think they will stock high end like Sig and HK but will get you whatever you want..

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    I like S.A.W. Guns in Sunnyvale, large selection and some good deals can be had in the used case.
    Also if you buy from them during a gun show you can normally get a good discount.
    They will order anything for you.
    The only negative I can say is that they are a little high on FFL transfers. $35

MrBigIron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Man, that's good to know about Gun Gear To Go! Either they picked a bad name, or I'm just an idiot, 'cuz I thought it was a store just for gun GEAR, not actual guns. Imma check it out tomorrow!

Fred B.

MrBigIron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Btw, the balding, bearded fellow at Gun Master on Ave K. near Spring Creek is a pleasure to talk to if you get a chance. I don't remember his name but I'll ignore other employees and wait to speak with him instead. I've purchased several guns from Gun Master. I wish Lone Star Guns on Park was still in business :-(

Fred B.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Targetmaster on Jupiter in Dallas did okay by me. And there was a small shop up in Addison/Carrollton off Beltline that had a decent selection and quite a few parts and accessories. Haven't been to either in a few years and don't know if either or both are still open But, I tried.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Rays seems a little bit high on their pricing, but they usually have a decent selection and the help there is plenty friendly enough. I also haven't heard them telling lies to the newbies like you hear at some places.

I've bought a few things from them. Always seem to go in looking for one thing and walking out with another. Can't decide if that's a good thing or bad.

MrBigIron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    I like Targetmaster also. Was in there yesterday to look around. Never purchased anything from them, but wouldn't hesitate to do so. Fair prices and great selection. Also, I went into Gun Gear To Go today and was pleasantly surprised. Nice customer service (if a bit overzealous) and great prices. Forgot to inquire about the cost of their "memberships" though. Next time.

Fred B.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Btw, the balding, bearded fellow at Gun Master on Ave K. near Spring Creek is a pleasure to talk to if you get a chance. I don't remember his name but I'll ignore other employees and wait to speak with him instead. I've purchased several guns from Gun Master. I wish Lone Star Guns on Park was still in business :-(

Fred B.

I don't like Gun Master's pricing on guns, gear and ammo (they jacked up their inventory of .22LR badly; Federal 550 bulk for $77 :rolleyes: ) but they installed Novak suppressor sights on my USP Compact Tactical for $20 without a mar or nick and straight dead true.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Guys, I have been dealing with Gunmaster for many years. Their gun prices are generally on par with the rest of the country. They consider me a regular customer and they will match any offer I find somewhere else.

As far as the ammo goes, a lot of what they have on hand is there by consignment. It seems they have a few customers that go to Academy at 4:30 in the morning so they can be the first in line. They buy as much ammo as the store will allow and then bring it to Gunmaster to sell on consignment.
    I don't shoot .22 LR anymore, but I was in Gunmaster last week and commented to one of the employees how expensive their .22LR was. The ammo I was looking at was on consignment. The sales guy took me farther down the display rack an showed me their .22 LR ammo. It was the exact same ammo as the consignment ammo, but about 50% less expensive. My moral here is to not judge a book by it's cover.
    I am okay with free enterprise, but come on guys don't go out and buy up whatever ammo is available, and then try to resell it at a increased rate. I do not buy factory ammo. I reload for everything I shoot, so I just chuckle when I see the insane things some people will resort to.

carterds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Fort Worth/Austin
    BTW, this info may be dated a bit, but:

CTD in Fort Worth was actually "CTD Outdoor Adventures" and not associated with CTD in McKinney. They have since (this year) changed their name to "Fort Worth Gun" and will be moving to a new location soon. My experiences there have been mixed. They were serious gougers, and still have some prices that I wouldn't consider in line. Thankfully, I'm further west, and Gibsons hardware in Weatherford 1.) never gouged, even at peak panic 2.) is friendly and cheaper on the whole. Just wished they kept more stock. Just sayin.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    BTW, this info may be dated a bit, but:

CTD in Fort Worth was actually "CTD Outdoor Adventures" and not associated with CTD in McKinney. They have since (this year) changed their name to "Fort Worth Gun" and will be moving to a new location soon. My experiences there have been mixed. They were serious gougers, and still have some prices that I wouldn't consider in line. Thankfully, I'm further west, and Gibsons hardware in Weatherford 1.) never gouged, even at peak panic 2.) is friendly and cheaper on the whole. Just wished they kept more stock. Just sayin.

I like Gibson's too. The only thing that bothered me is that they didn't know that the Aguila .22 Colibri light grain ammo they were selling was meant for .22lr revolver only. Doesn't cycle semi-auto most of the time. Besides that, stand up dudes :)

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Just to add my $0.02.

Bullet Trap Inc in Plano is a shooting range that sells guns, too. Their prices are OK but you will not get any great deals on new guns. Consignments and used guns are a different story. There are some great deals to be had if you are lucky.

Gun Masters on Ave K in Plano is not my cup of tea. I did not care for the staff and the "new" gun that I looked at was dry as a bone. No packing grease. It as a bit rusted too. I've never seen a Ruger SP101 in stainless rust. I owned A GP100 for 15 years with no signs of rust and I put 15,000 rounds down the barrel.

The folks at Gun Gear to Go are quite nice and some of them moved over from the Bullet Trap. Yes, I was that much of a regular at BTI.

The armadillo Gun Range in Nevada, Tx has some guns. Used and consignment from what I gather. They will act as you FFL if you buy online from one of the broker sites.

Top Bottom