0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas

plexreticle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Find out what he wants to use it for.

Plinking, CCW, hunting, home defense, different needs, different prices.

Gopher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Far, far, far North Dallas
    If the Op is in the Dallas area there is a big show at Market Hall this weekend. Go and walk the aisles and look around. You may not buy right now but go look at what's out there. Ask for permission first but pick them up and see how they feel, etc.

Bill C.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I know a lot of people rag on the Sigma.. I have one that works perfectly.. The feel of the grip in realy nice.. the trigger is what it is.. It's never going to feel like a SA auto.. So far about 500 rounds without a failure.. I should have bought two of them..

kashton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I will recommend (from exceptional personal experience with this dealer) Clyde's Armory. They have great prices and excellent customer service. Give em a call!

https://policeguns.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=294_31_277&osCsid=a8879v07vrel4roqtsui0fj1k2

My suggestion, a Glock 36 with 6+1 rounds of DoubleTap 230 gr .45 ACP. Makes a superior concealed carry pistol. The DoubleTap .45 ACP round can expand over an inch in diameter... that should be enough

https://policeguns.com/catalog/prod...cts_id=6272&osCsid=a8879v07vrel4roqtsui0fj1k2

BETTER YET!!! BUY ONE FROM BUDSGUNSHOP for $543!!!

Glock 36 .45 Auto Fixed Sights for Sale at Buds Gun Shop

Don't forget to put a set of XS Big Dot Tritrium Sights on it!!!
    https://policeguns.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=294_31_277&osCsid=a8879v07vrel4roqtsui0fj1k2

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The use is going to change the recommendation a bit. What's he want to use it for?

For $439.00, delivered, from Buds Gun Shop (Guns for Sale) with a $50.00 rebate and two extra magazines from S & W, through the end of this month, you can get a S & W, MP. I have two and love them. Great ergonomics, interchangeable grips, accurate and dependable with a great, no B.S. warranty.;)

For rebate info go to;
    Generic System Error Test JSP (Item)

Doesn't the M&P have a magazine disconnect? Pass.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    The use is going to change the recommendation a bit. What's he want to use it for?

Doesn't the M&P have a magazine disconnect? Pass.

You can get it with or without a mag. disconnect. My 40 cal. has one but my other two don't. I find it to be no problem either way. The only reason for a mag. disconnect is if you get in a tussle with a B.G. you can drop the mag to make it inoperable. Some LE like it and some don't from what I've heard.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I know a lot of people rag on the Sigma.. I have one that works perfectly.. The feel of the grip in realy nice.. the trigger is what it is.. It's never going to feel like a SA auto.. So far about 500 rounds without a failure.. I should have bought two of them..

Not only is this 1 of the 4 cut and past posts you've made, but you did it to a year old thread. That foolishness caused 3 other brand new members and 1 older to follow you.

Not a great way to get started. Please pay attention to threads you reply too and reply, but not cut and paste. That's boring... :p

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    Okay, lets actually try to answer the OP's question.

What does your father in law want in a SA pistol? Is he looking for a specific caliber?

Is he looking for cheap plinking? In that case the Beretta Neos comes to mind. Is he looking for a concealed carry weapon? In that case a XD9 sub compact, Kimber Ultra Carry or a compact Glock come to mind. Is he looking for ultra concealed carry? In that case, the Ruger LCP or the Kahr 9 comes to mind.

What does your father in law consider affordable and what are his purposes for the purchase. Without knowing those two things, any suggestions offered are pointless. After those two questions are answered, the only thing that matters is what your father in law likes.

If you will provide a price range and a purpose, I am sure we could fine tune your request to give your father in law a way to narrow it down.

Top Bottom