• ...and so much more!
  • FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    10 ring on Johns Rd has a smalkl selection of used guns.
    Guns of Texas on Beltway 8 and Guesner but no used guns.

10Ring
    12779 Jones Rd #103b
    (Between Grant & Cypress N Houston)

&

Guns of Texas
    8050 N Sam Houston Prkwy #400 @ Gessner

Didn’t recognize them but the streets were wonky.

Cheers

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    It's an old song from the 40's.
    An old boogie -woogie tune
    Look up an album by Commander Cody and his lost planet airman call hot to trot.
    He recorded it in 1998.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >
    Try R&M firearms on US59/IH69, just SW of El Campo, Texas.

This is the best small town gun shop I've ever known. They handle most major brands, have a good stock, fair prices, solid advice, and competent smiths.

Ronnie Pfeffer runs a great shop there. See: https://rm-firearms.com/

Caveat: Not open on Saturdays recently.

Well worth the nice 45" drive most days.

leVieux

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    A couple of people mentioned 10 Ring; they do have more guns (old and apparently new) than some pawn shops I've been in. The gun area was a little dark and tags have small print, so I can't comment on pricing.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    10 Ring is a pretty good place for reloading supplies and equipment. The folks there seemed to be pretty nice and fairly knowledgeable (which is increasingly rare). Been a while since I was there, and I don't remember much about their gun prices or availability. Most stores have been under pressure between tightening financing (thanks to the Dems) and raging demand. I frequent several stores near me and I'd say that most are fairly close in price. A few places seem to think that their price tag is made out of platinum, but they seem to have customers that are willing to be gouged, so more power to them.

It used to be that you could often get a couple of dealers bidding against each other at gun shows, but those days seem to be long gone. Gun shows now typically have the worst prices on everything.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    10 Ring is a pretty good place for reloading supplies and equipment. The folks there seemed to be pretty nice and fairly knowledgeable (which is increasingly rare). Been a while since I was there, and I don't remember much about their gun prices or availability. Most stores have been under pressure between tightening financing (thanks to the Dems) and raging demand. I frequent several stores near me and I'd say that most are fairly close in price. A few places seem to think that their price tag is made out of platinum, but they seem to have customers that are willing to be gouged, so more power to them.

It used to be that you could often get a couple of dealers bidding against each other at gun shows, but those days seem to be long gone. Gun shows now typically have the worst prices on everything.

I quit going to gun shows years ago.

A friend once was so proud of the deal he had made out at the Odessa gun show: Two nice Weatherby Vanguards with Leupold scopes for a pair of nib "Rolex" watches.

I took one look and told him that the watches were $20 fakes. He was stunned.

leVieux

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I quit going to gun shows years ago.

A friend once was so proud of the deal he had made out at the Odessa gun show: Two nice Weatherby Vanguards with Leupold scopes for a pair of nib "Rolex" watches.

I took one look and told him that the watches were $20 fakes. He was stunned.

leVieux
    Yeah, there are definitely some "gypsies" that show up. I was at a show where there was a box of FAKE Magpul gun sights. I compared the packaging to a real set at another booth and it was perfectly identical. The price was only a fraction of the real sights. The guy had the guts to label them as fakes, so I guess he was being "honest" with us. Of course there's always the guy selling the special adaptor to turn an oil filter or something into a "silencer". Years ago I remember seeing someone selling the parts to turn a Ruger Mini-14 into full auto. Just walking past that kind of stuff makes me think everyone within 100 yards is an ATF agent just waiting to pounce.

One word of advice to young folks: Any table at a gun show where everything is super shiny is a table you need to avoid. Knives, guns, jewelry, whatever - if they used a gallon of Flitz to shine up their stuff it's because they're trying to fool you.

Top Bottom