• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexng30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    What about the new(ly moved) Collector's Firearms?
    Was there the weekend before with a friend looking to buy his first clays shotgun. For some reason though, literally no shop in the Houston area had the a300 ultima in 12g when we went to look. Selection was good but prices are high. It's worth it if you're looking for something obscure that you would probably have a hard time finding on even gunbroker, but you will absolutely be paying for it. Outside of that, I think for anything new/current its a giant noob trap.

Staff were all pretty chill except this one guy trying to sell us on some bullshit, no-name AR as we were browsing through their "black rifle" section lol. "You don't want none of those, you want this [I don't even remember what it was called] AR with a 1:7 twist barrel and yada yada yada."

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    Was there the weekend before with a friend looking to buy his first clays shotgun. For some reason though, literally no shop in the Houston area had the a300 ultima in 12g when we went to look. Selection was good but prices are high. It's worth it if you're looking for something obscure that you would probably have a hard time finding on even gunbroker, but you will absolutely be paying for it. Outside of that, I think for anything new/current its a giant noob trap.

Staff were all pretty chill except this one guy trying to sell us on some bullshit, no-name AR as we were browsing through their "black rifle" section lol. "You don't want none of those, you want this [I don't even remember what it was called] AR with a 1:7 twist barrel and yada yada yada."
    Checked out Collectors for the first time a few weeks ago and felt the exact same way. It’s great if you’re looking for something super specific or something not in production anymore. But it was a bit pricey for me. The salesmen are like vultures, so more than likely paid off commission.

Definitely seems aimed towards higher income gun buyers.

Last edited:

MezzanineDebt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2024
    Houston
    Prices are indeed high at Collector's but good thing to know you can haggle. I saw they were trying to sell some Century Arms AK in the $700-1,000 price range which I found to be odd. The pistol I was interested in they were asking about $100 over what I could find it for on GunBroker...

Overall still a very fun experience to go and look around for a few hours.

I've actually had no luck finding cheap guns in person. Texas Gun Trader is where I usually like to hunt for deals. Might have to give pawnshops a try.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

If I still lived in Houston, my LGS would be R&M firearms @ ElCampo, out 59/69, on SW edge of town.

In fact, I now live some 225 miles EAST of Houston, and R&M is still my LGS.

But thanks to the stupid federal gun laws, I have to get handguns over here in the Trans-Sabine.

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom