• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lnu238

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I haven't heard much about hunting on post. It doesn't seem to popular.

I looked into deer hunting on Hood but you have to be guided and sit where they sit you!

Try an add on craigslist in the Gatesville area....last spring the Texas Dept of WL shot loads of them from a helicopter as there hit more often than deer. I would go for the farmers as they hate them suckers.

Tsco89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    mclennan county
    There are LOTS of hogs ALL AROUND Ft. Hood. Problem is where to hunt them, unless you own some land or have a land owners blessing to hunt on their land. Gatesville area is a good place to check with farmers/landowners and such. I live about 40 miles from Ft. Hood and I have a hog trap at my house, I've trapped about a dozen or so since the beginning of the year. Only processed one (had tamales made), gave the rest away. I reguraly see hogs on Hwy 107 between Gatesville and Moody that have been hit by vehicles, and have nearly hit a few myself, especially at night. Leon river bottom land is chock full of wild pigs, so I know theres got to be pigs all around the cowhouse bottom, owl creek, etc...

Top Bottom