Good Indoor Ranges in DFW

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by seeker_two, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Li Ai

Li Ai New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    San Antonio, tx
    really??? There seem to be a lot choices in DFW area...Here in San Antonio choices are limited...

2. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Near that signing, Targetmaster in Garland is closest. Bullet trap in Plano is decent. Frisco is a bit expensive and not close to you.

3. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't know what he means when he says they suck....We have typical range here. They have rules drilled down to the lowest common denominator.

Some are less restrictive than others. The Shoot Smart ranges have private lanes wherein you an rapid fire, holster work, shoot rifles, etc. They are a little far from where you are going to be.

4. BigBoss0311

BigBoss0311 Well-Known

Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Can't comment on Shoot Smart, haven't been there. Bullet Trap- half the time they don't even have the a/c on. That is stupid, especially in the summer. They didn't even have any weapons to sell for the longest time. They are finally getting some in and sure enough, the prices are ridiculous. Do people actually pay over $500 for a basic Remington shotgun? Their customer service. I would take United and Comcast CS over these jackasses. Extremely rude. Their range rules. I get that it is their range, their rules. But to say only one round every 3 seconds is the max........ I could understand if I was putting the odd round in the ceiling or had shit groupings, but come on. Also, their instructors. I actually laughed out loud when one was trying to impress a student and couldn't hold a group at 7 yards. If your spread at 7 yards is about a foot or so, you should not be an instructor. FCG- My main complaint is their pricing. My second complaint is their personnel. Also rude, but not anywhere close to Bullet Trap. Other than that they are honeslty not bad. Just be prepared to spend some serious money on range fees. I don't even bother looking at their weapons as the selection has never been large. DFW Gun (not even sure if this place still exists)- The guy got upset with me for looking at a gun on the wall. Not touching, just looking. Seriously. I haven't been back since.

5. Tcruse

Tcruse Active Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Second the recommendation for Shoot Smart. They have three locations now. Been going since they opened good people and they try to do right by everyone that walks thru the door. They also have on-site gun smith.

6. F350-6

F350-6 Well-Known

May 25, 2009
    I would guess DFW gun range would be the closest. And it's updated since the fire burned it to the ground.

I think it's just two. Benbrook isn't open yet, but should be soon.

7. beatnix

beatnix New Member

Oct 16, 2016
    ^^^BigBoss0311^^^ got it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Surplus Guy

Surplus Guy New Member

Yesterday
    DFW
    I second Eagle Gun Range. One of the best ever

jeepinbanditrider likes this.