• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just remembered and figured I'd post this, if it helps out any instructors just starting out. Lockton Risk is the NRA's endorsed insurance program for instructors. Last I checked, I don't believe you even have to be an NRA member or an NRA-certified instructor to actually sign up for a policy. Don't quote me on that, as it's been a couple years since my policy expired. After using them for 2 years, I can definitely recommend them, and I think they make a great and inexpensive option for any instructor. Signing up with them was a breeze, and I think only took about 15 minutes and maybe a fax or form submitted online (I forget). Also, renewals are quick, and I've handled them before paying by card over the phone within a quick call. Don't quote me on the price, as I'm purely listing it as a potential ballpark price to give new instructors an idea. At the time, when I initially got my policy in 2011, it was $315 for the year, which covered up to $2M in liability. IIRC, I believe at each renewal (annually) the price remained the same. Anyways, if you're just starting out and trying to figure so many things out at once, how to get started, etc. I highly recommend checking them out:

NRA Business Alliance Member Insurance | NRA Endorsed Property & Casualty Insurance Program
    Target Sports

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We have all of our firearms related Insurance policies with them. Tyler (my Son) and I both carry an instructor policy. We also have a liability policy for our range and our business inventory insurance with them also. Best rates we could find regardless the policy for firearm related activities/business.

Top Bottom