• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    This weekend, I took a Firearms Safety Course (3rd time in 40 years of living). Great course - taught by some fine folks on Camp Bullis Army Base. They had a practical woods course, as well as a familiarization course of fire - mainly for newbies to shooting, but we all shot, regardless of skill level.

The little .22 we shot was a bolt action. After closing the bolt, you grabbed a ring in the rear of the bolt and pulled it back in order to cock it.

Like every other little no-frills .22 I've ever fired, this one was a shooter. I don't know why, but the plain-jane, non-fancy rifles always seem to shoot much better for me. My 5 rounds all touched. Not a major accomplishment for many, but I'm not the best shot - just average I guess - but this firearm helped a bunch.

I own several .22's. Sometimes, I get good results, sometimes mediocre. Nothing bad... but not "sharpshooter" quality or anything.

I wish I owned the little single shot I was shooting this weekend, or could get my hands on one like it. But I didn't even get the name - just shot it and moved on with the course. It reminded me of the ones I used to shoot in Boy Scouts over 25 years ago. Good memories.

All the best,
    Glenn

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    savage model 15

these type .22 rifles are pretty plentiful. I just bougt one on the gunboard forum for $ 60.00 plus shipping. I plan on giving it to my 6 year old grandson to use at the farm to learn to shoot. like you said no frills but durable

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom