Good Riddance, Ted.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chevydeerhunter, Aug 26, 2009.

1. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Sen. Edward Kennedy 1932-2009

This guy has been an example of the things that are wrong with this country and it's no surprise since he has taken part in every piece of legislation that is helping run this country into the ground. Unfortunately, the dimwits in Massachusetts will probably vote in someone comparable or even worse.

Remembering Ted Kennedy - FOXNews.com

2. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    Agreed

3. SiscoKid

SiscoKid Active Member

Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Yes, I'm afraid the next few days we will be subjected to another Michael Jacko type coronation of old Ted. Too soon forgotten all the crapola he was involved in, his cheating scandals in college, his serving in the Army in the early 50's but somehow never going to Korea (Gee, like Bush?), his legislation against the VN War, his boozing and womanizing, and just all the totally liberal causes he pushed.

I'll hoist a beer later today for old Ted. Not to celebrate his life, but his death.

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    See you in Hell, Ted.

5. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Hell I'll hoist a beer and a shot maybe two or three.
    Good riddance Ted!!!!
    One thing to consider is the libs cannot replace him with some one that wielded as much power and influence as he had.
    I wounder now that he is dead how many skeletons will come crawling out of the closet to tell their tale of how Ted screw them and others over????

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

+1

7. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    It will be interesting today to learn if the governor appointed a democrat
    to the office as they are suppose to hold a special election in that state,
    per Kennedy's direction in 2004. The talking heads will grab this and run.

Watch for a big push to name health care bill after Kennedy and the GOP
    will climb on board.

8. Fisherman777

Fisherman777 Well-Known

Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I hope you don't. :mad0079: ;)

9. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'm under the impression that the law was not changed, although Kennedy lobbied for it. Unless the dems now have some stroke in getting it changed, the gov should appoint. If so, I hope he doesn't cave and appoint a dem just to avoid the fight.

And let me say this about ol' Teddy's passing. While I think he was murderer, generally a POS human with a far left self serving agenda, and our legislature will be better off without him, there are people truly grieving for him, and they have my sympathy. As much as I disliked the man, I'm trying very hard not to come off like the ass hats that rejoiced in the passing of Tony Snow, which really upset me.

10. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    That was my first thought, why feed the Leftwing Loons. Then I thought, why mask my thoughts. Kennedy was a vile and wicked man. I would gladly go to Hell to watch people like him burn for an eternity, just to make sure they didn't escape.