• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Special Ed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    DISH, TX
    Hi guys,

I just bought my wife a Ruger MKIII 22/45 Lite along with a Volquartsen Accurizing Kit. I installed the same kit in my 22/45 w/ bull barrel so figured I'd be able to install the kit in hers as well. For whatever reason, the hammer pivot pin is seriously not wanting to budge. So rather than fark it up so bad the pistol needs major repairs, I figured I should just cut my losses and find a gunsmith to do the job for me.

I live in Justin so am looking for a good gunsmith somewhere between Denton and Ft. Worth (preferably not IN Ft. Worth as I'm not keen on having to fight the construction around 820 to get there). I've checked the threads and see recommendations for good gunsmiths but I haven't found any that say they're particularly skilled at Ruger firearms. I'm therefore hoping y'all know who I can contact that may either specialize in Rugers, or be really familiar and good with Rugers.

I'm also curious if y'all think gunsmiths are, in general, willing to install the MKII hammer bushing since it removes that horrible mag disconnect "feature." I've heard that they might not be willing to do this since it's considered altering a safety mechanism of the pistol. I realize that I'd have to ask whichever gunsmith I choose if they'd do this.

Thanks in advance for any and all help y'all can provide.

Cheers,
    John
    Hurley's Gold

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Larry Pockrus 9080 Wolfe Run Ponder, TX 76259. Phone: (940) 479-0309 is highly regarded around Denton.

Special Ed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    DISH, TX
    Sapper, thanks. I'm physically in Dish (not Justin) so Ponder is only a few miles away from me. I'll give Larry a call. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom