• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Ran across this on Blaze when I was reading the article posted here about the Florida family who got all armed up to defend against an attacker.

Good Samaritan Shot While Helping Save a Family ?on Their Knees Execution-Style? From Four Attackers | Video | TheBlaze.com

What this guy did seems quite heroic, but also a bit stupid. If they were going to kill the family, they would have killed him.
    That being said, the world probably needs more people who will do stupid shit to stop bad shit.

Also, I know it's a little crazy to judge somebody in this kind of situation, but I just can't imagine the father leaving the house with his family in there and then letting some other dude go in to save his family while he waits outside. If my entire family is going to die in there, I sure the hell wouldn't want to live through it knowing I ran away.
    Guns International

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I would COMPLETELY be willing to do that if the circumstance was brought to me. That just makes me think though....at night, I sleep with my gun locker wide open to be ready for if I hear a bump in the night. What the hell would I do if I woke up to a man pointing a gun at me? Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a gun hidden somewhere else so if I got away like the guy did, I could double back with a gun and try to save my family. Maybe get one of those gun safes for vehicles, and keep a key taped somewhere on the vehicle?

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Ran across this on Blaze when I was reading the article posted here about the Florida family who got all armed up to defend against an attacker.

Good Samaritan Shot While Helping Save a Family ?on Their Knees Execution-Style? From Four Attackers | Video | TheBlaze.com

What this guy did seems quite heroic, but also a bit stupid. If they were going to kill the family, they would have killed him.
    That being said, the world probably needs more people who will do stupid shit to stop bad shit.

Also, I know it's a little crazy to judge somebody in this kind of situation, but I just can't imagine the father leaving the house with his family in there and then letting some other dude go in to save his family while he waits outside. If my entire family is going to die in there, I sure the hell wouldn't want to live through it knowing I ran away.

The question is: "What is being stupid?"

IMHO, being stupid is not being a man and stepping up to the plate. Good for him. He's a true man, not a coward.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Wow, why its good to have a rifle in the car. Don't know if I could clear a strangers home.
    Yeah, there's no way in hell I'm going to attempt to clear a structure I know nothing about. The thought of having to clear my own house gives me the heebie jeebies. I'd set it on fire first.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    The question is: "What is being stupid?"

IMHO, being stupid is not being a man and stepping up to the plate. Good for him. He's a true man, not a coward.

Stupid....My thought is not returning home because you went into some stranger's house without a weapon where 2 or 3 men had firearms and were threatening to kill the people inside.

There are 2 likely outcomes scenarios here:

1) The attackers are planning to kill the people in the house, in which case you are almost guaranteed to be shot (possibly killed) and unlikely to stop them from doing what they planned to do.
    2) The attackers are not planning to kill the people in the house because they are just there to rob the place, in which case you are not saving anybody's life but might get yourself shot anyways.

Yes, it is a heroic action, but it was stupid. The guy has been shot. The family was not killed and if I was a betting man, they weren't going to be anyways. The only likely benefit that came from this is that there might have been less stuff stolen than there would have been if he hadn't gone in.

Now, the father rushing back in there to his own family.......absolutely expected, regardless of the risk. No reason to go on if you wife and kids are executed and you hid outside.

Top Bottom