Good San Antonio area dealers?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by MikeN, Jun 15, 2009.

1. MikeN

MikeN Member TGT Supporter

Mar 14, 2009
    Allen (Dallas), TX
    Anyone have any good gun shops in the San Antonio area? A friend down there is looking. ;)

2. Texas Solo

Texas Solo Active Member

May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    The best dealer that I've had experience with is Dury's Gun Shop (google it)
    Good people and good inventory. Prices are what you should expect from a gun shop.

If in the market for a gun, check Academy. If they have it, their prices always seem to beat Bass Pro, Cabelas, and the gun shops.

3. micah7488

micah7488 Member

there is the powderhorn, I do not know what their prices are but I mean checking prices never hurts anyone. at the very least always negotiable, more times than not. it is off of highway 90 and 410 on the west side of town. at the very least he can google it but once your friend takes the turn around from highway 90 to get on 410 they should just stay on the access road and itll be on their right hand side. But I have heard good things about Dury's Gun Shop too. I was at the powderhorn this past weekend and if your friend reloads tell him to go there, they have a SHI'ITE load of reloading primers, bullets, brass, etc...

4. A_FIVE-O

A_FIVE-O Active Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo

+1
    :texas:

819 Hot Wells
    San Antonio, TX 78223
    Phone (210) 533-5431
    (210) 533-5468
    Fax (210) 533-2537
    info@durysguns.com

5. micah7488

micah7488 Member

Just wondering is your friend looking for anything in particular like reloading, a certain caliber rifle, or pistol? More times than not the best things to go to are gun shows, and they have one in san antonio every 3rd weekend, i think (dont quote me) at the freeman coliseum. saxet would know, obviously. the freeman coliseum show isn't until july 11th & 12th, then another show at the freeman on august 1st & 2nd and then the alzafar shrine is on august 22nd & 23rd. and then of course the 1200 table show in ft worth. im already dreaming about going to that show.

6. MikeN

MikeN Member TGT Supporter

Mar 14, 2009
    Allen (Dallas), TX
    Mostly looking for a semi-auto pistol. Thanks for responses so far.

7. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I've heard Nagels is a good place to go, but I agree if you're looking for just a SA pistol that is not uncommon then Academy would be a great place to go.

8. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    +1 for Durys Gun Shop

Powderhorn is too expensive and will not come down on any of thier prices. They are in the price gouging game. They have WASR 10 for $729 right now, and you know they are cheaper than that.

Go to Academy or Durys.

9. micah7488

micah7488 Member

last time I 'really' looked at prices at the powder was quite a while. i just decided to go browsing last weekend since I was also going to a show. to do some price comparisons but couldnt find a beretta or a tokarev there.

10. ironman45693

ironman45693 Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    Nagel's is pretty good sized. I've never bought a gun from them though; I do most of purchasing online now because you always find the best deals online.