• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    The best dealer that I've had experience with is Dury's Gun Shop (google it)
    Good people and good inventory. Prices are what you should expect from a gun shop.

If in the market for a gun, check Academy. If they have it, their prices always seem to beat Bass Pro, Cabelas, and the gun shops.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    there is the powderhorn, I do not know what their prices are but I mean checking prices never hurts anyone. at the very least always negotiable, more times than not. it is off of highway 90 and 410 on the west side of town. at the very least he can google it but once your friend takes the turn around from highway 90 to get on 410 they should just stay on the access road and itll be on their right hand side. But I have heard good things about Dury's Gun Shop too. I was at the powderhorn this past weekend and if your friend reloads tell him to go there, they have a SHI'ITE load of reloading primers, bullets, brass, etc...

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    Just wondering is your friend looking for anything in particular like reloading, a certain caliber rifle, or pistol? More times than not the best things to go to are gun shows, and they have one in san antonio every 3rd weekend, i think (dont quote me) at the freeman coliseum. saxet would know, obviously. the freeman coliseum show isn't until july 11th & 12th, then another show at the freeman on august 1st & 2nd and then the alzafar shrine is on august 22nd & 23rd. and then of course the 1200 table show in ft worth. im already dreaming about going to that show.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I've heard Nagels is a good place to go, but I agree if you're looking for just a SA pistol that is not uncommon then Academy would be a great place to go.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    +1 for Durys Gun Shop

Powderhorn is too expensive and will not come down on any of thier prices. They are in the price gouging game. They have WASR 10 for $729 right now, and you know they are cheaper than that.

Go to Academy or Durys.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    last time I 'really' looked at prices at the powder was quite a while. i just decided to go browsing last weekend since I was also going to a show. to do some price comparisons but couldnt find a beretta or a tokarev there.

ironman45693

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    Nagel's is pretty good sized. I've never bought a gun from them though; I do most of purchasing online now because you always find the best deals online.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    only reason why I dont buy online is, i do not trust people and don't wanna get burned. plus if i get a rifle rifle and not just a plinking thing to shoot on my property ill want it new. just me though and my 2.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Nagle's is expensive, but they have pretty extensive stock (I've bought at least 15 guns from them). Dury's is good, but their handgun stock is somewhat limited right now (I've bought at least 5 guns from them). Powderhorn - don't know what to say - I've dealt with them since before Bob Day passed away - first went into their place back in '77, and have continued to deal with them since (I've bought at least 20 guns from 'em). They've always tried to work with me at least a bit on the guns - I've never paid their sticker price. There's a relatively new place - Hogun's - on Culebra, outside loop 410, in the strip center behind the Sonic. Wayne is the owner - some consider him to be abrupt, but I think it's really that he's not a real talkative type until he gets to know you. I've bought 3 guns from him so far.
    I don't buy guns at Cabela's, BassPro or Academy, etc. I usually find that my Grandson knows more about guns than the guys working there.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    When ya do, tell him George told you to go there, and to give him a hard time.<G> Wayne's actually a really nice guy - but I think that he's shy at heart, and consequently takes a bit to warm up to you......

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    When ya do, tell him George told you to go there, and to give him a hard time.<G> Wayne's actually a really nice guy - but I think that he's shy at heart, and consequently takes a bit to warm up to you......

ill make sure to tell him. well as long as he has some rifles to look at, and i have cash to spend i think we can come to a quick understanding and then be able to shoot the bull all the while.

Top Bottom