• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG-SOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    DFW
    Live in north dallas area. Any good places to (first find in stock) and purchase at a reasonable price - 357 Sig FMJ?

Last wednesday evening I ordered 500 Remington UMC 125 grain from Ammunitiontogo.com. Ammo was dropped off at my house Friday mid-day by UPS. Price was about $23.67 per 50 rounds. Best price I could find. Been paying about $28.95 at local gun range because that was the only place I could find FMJ. Also found some WWB JHP 125 grain at Academy for $28.95.

By the way, I bought my very first hand gun a few weeks ago. Sig P229, SAS Gen 2, 357 Sig. Any other Sig fans here? My wife also bought a Beretta PX4 Storm, 9mm. We plan to take CHL classes in a month or so after we more confortable handling and shooting. Can't believe my wife was so gung-ho on the idea.
    Venture Surplus ad

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    ive been seeing 357 sig at rays on singleton and at alot of walmarts try ammoman.com they had some last time i looked.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    By the way, I bought my very first hand gun a few weeks ago. Sig P229, SAS Gen 2, 357 Sig. Any other Sig fans here? My wife also bought a Beretta PX4 Storm, 9mm. We plan to take CHL classes in a month or so after we more confortable handling and shooting. Can't believe my wife was so gung-ho on the idea.

Grats on the new guns and welcome to the gun and TGT club.

I know it doesn't help, but I see 357 sig in Houston all the time at Academy.

On the wife thing, after the election, my wife also became gung-ho. We've taken a chl class and are currently being "processed", shoot often as a family, and have a larger collection than I thought I'd ever have.

Shiner Bock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    DFW
    Not exactly what you're asking for but CDNN sells Winchester Ranger in 357 Sig for $27 per box of 50. Pretty good deal for defensive ammo.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    .357 Sig is a great round, and I love shooting it. But, even when available, there is not a broad selection (like 9mm, .40 or .45) and it's costly. That has kept me from buying another .357.

And I'm a big Sig fan. MY P226 is the easiest to shoot and most accurate (for me) center fire hand gun I own. That P239 SAS Gen2 is a sweet pistol.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You can always look at getting a .40 S&W barrel for it. I hear that it is an easy thing to do, and the ammo is cheaper and usually more avalable.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I remember buying it last year for $14.50 / box at ammoman.com

I ordered a case of it. It's Speer Lawman, and it's was a peppy round.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I remember buying it last year for $14.50 / box at ammoman.com

I ordered a case of it. It's Speer Lawman, and it's was a peppy round.

Lawman is usually a really nice round to practice with because it so closely mimics duty ammo. I dont like the practice of using lower dose rounds for practice because 'what if' you do have to use full house loads and arent used to them, then it just becomes dangerous for the shooter.

Rock on!

Brad L.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom