Target Sports

GOP nominee runoff for TX Lt Gov: Dewhurst or Patrick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who's got your vote?

• Total voters

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Since Patterson is out, we have several choices.

Don't vote (advantage to the fat chick on the Democrat ticket), or pick the devil you know or, a failed businessman and talk show host who changed his name and still owes tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to creditors.

This is the ugliest race for the nomination I have ever observed. That the candidates call themselves "Republican" is astonishing. They and their supporters have set up a circular firing squad, and given the Dems a big opening they should never have been given.

Appeals for being a good Christian just don't wash for a man who opted for bankruptcy instead of paying his debts, then later made enough money to pay off the debts he owed, but did not. Same of Dewhurst.

It is instructive that George W. Bush, G.H.W. Bush, Ted Cruz, John Cornyn, or the Speaker of the Texas House have not openly endorsed any of the candidates.

They know it is a cat fight and in the end everyone will be covered in Scheisse.

If the electronic (rigged) voting machine gives me the choice of a write in vote, I will write in my name.

Be well.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    What's so bad about Patrick?

He's no better than his opponent, and when you factor in his radio / tv background, he's even more full of himself than a regular politician. I just don't trust people that are that full of themselves over and above the typical politician BS.

I used to think anybody but Hillary for President. We just couldn't do any worse than that. Unfortunately I have been proven wrong.

With Dewhurst, we know what we're gonna get. We may not like it, but at least we know. I'm scared Patrick will be even worse.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    All this shit slinging is just disgusting. I, for one, would never run for office because I have done and said many things I really don't wanna revisit. Patrick has done a better job as a Senator than Dewhurst has done as Lt. Governor. That's my opinion, formed from watching TX politics for a pretty good while. And I am not 100% sure about Patrick, he's just the only other choice I am given. Whoever wins this runoff will be the Lt. Gov unless they kidnap 250 schoolgirls and sell them as child brides. The overwhelming barrage of shit that is being thrown at Patrick makes me wonder why none of this has gotten thrown until now. That's right, it's dirty tricks. My thinking is the ones throwing it are not the type of people I want in office. Ever.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here is one of the things that keep sticking with me. Patterson knows more about Patrick than we do. He wants us to vote for Dewhurst.

This reminds me of when Jack Ryan was running for US Senate against one Barrack Hussein Obama in 2004.

The GOP was assured by Ryan that his divorce/custody records wouldn't sink his campaign if they came public, his rival GOP candidates got him to agree to release the records on the divorce and BHO worked behind the scenes and got a judge in California (where the divorce occurred) to release the custody records which involved allegations of sexual misconduct against Ryan and against his wife.

I've noticed so many of these flag officers who are losing their careers are losing them often for affairs.

It seems to be a common technique for BHO to drop a dime on someone, expose their shady past (no matter how long ago) and see to it that the reputation is smeared. Meanwhile we don't even really know where the POTUS was born or if he ever really went to college.

Anyway, that's my concern in this.

Patterson may know something, much of the TX Legislature may know things about Patrick that would sink his battleship.

I am very concerned about this very real possibility. I watched Jack Ryan's campaign dissolve in Illinois. It led directly to BHO becoming a US Senator (somehow).

I'm not saying Patrick has skeletons in the closet, but Patterson's comments and endorsement of Dewhurst really have me thinking.

I suppose at this point I'm looking for a reason why I should vote for one or the other based upon which will do less damage and that is a shame.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I met Dewhurst years ago and did some work for his company before he went full-time into politics. He's a very sharp guy with an amazing number of political connections. I wish he was more forceful at pushing a conservative agenda, but he does have the ability to work with a lot of different factions and to some degree you have to have that in order to get anything done.

I like some of the things Dan Patrick says, but he's extremely narrowly focused on a couple of issues and he's (as someone else mentioned) a very scuzzy guy. Tax problems, bad business decisions, creditors left hanging, time in a mental institution - all bad character issues, but the worst is his complete inability to work with other people. He's been slammed by both sides of the aisle for that.

I've got to lean towards Dewhurst.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I guess what it really comes down to for me is that Patrick scares me more than Dewhurst. That and the fact that Patterson knows more about these guys than I do and he is backing Dewhurst.

MCA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Priddy, TX
    Having only been here in TX for 8 months at this point I don't know enough about these men to make a judgement ... but in the first primary (where I had even less time to come to an opinion) my logic went like this:

1) Dewhurst was the guy that everyone ganged up on to get Cruz in the Senate, so Dewhurst was out.
    2) Between Patterson and Patrick I had zero knowledge ... but Christian financial guru Dave Ramsey was appearing in radio advertisements for Patrick.

Sorry if that was poor judgement on my part, but that's how one new to TX conservative came to vote for Patrick.

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    Nothing has changed in my mind. Dewhurst was at the bottom of the list and stays there. Patterson is just having an immature moment. Patrick got dirty with him and now Patterson is in payback mode. Dewhurst is not worthy of a thinking person's vote.

Top Bottom