• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sweet! I'd be interested to hear what you think of it. I've handled a few and read much about them. For the price, and for what they are they look pretty neat to me.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Let us know how it shoots.I saw one and it looks neat.I saw extra mags for it at atlanticfirearms.com.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I got one in the first batch to hit the country as a bonus for my part-time job. Seeing as I didn't pay anything for it it's one of the greatest guns out there. Lot's of people really wondering if they are worth $500.00. Those are the same people that buy milk @ $3.00 a gallon or a bag of chips that retail for $4.00.

I've been shooting this filthy grimey russian ammo and it not only works it's fairly accurate with the open sights. It's a fun gun to shoot. Be alot more fun if I had 9 more mags fully loaded when taking it out to play.

There is a GSG-5 forum over at AR-15.com. lots of folks dropping alot more money into theirs tricking them out. The guy that gave me mine bought three. After I got mine he plans on SBRing one of them, & keeping the other new in the box.

We both figure the dimocrats will want to ban them because they are fun!

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    I saw one table that had only one GSG-5 and it was priced at $570. Then I found a table that had several for $525. Later I found a table with several and were priced at $499.

I also found a single spare GSG magazine for $25! That was a find - some were getting $40, some were getting $50 for them.

I should be getting down to my private range later today, I'll put some results up.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I might add that my handle for the multi driver was busted when we opened my box. I tried to contact the imported with no luck. So I e-mailed Germany and it was taken care of.

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Man, I love it. This thing is just awesome. I had so much fun plinking today!

My buddy and I went to my private range today (we each had an un-fired GSG-5) and were shooting steel silhouettes at 40, 60, 77 and 100 yards (chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams).

The GSG's both functioned flawlessly, box stock, no adjustments.

One note on ammunition though:

I was shooting Winchester white box, 40gr high velocity. On the chickens and pigs I was pretty much getting one shot per silhouette, and only taking 6 or maybe 7 shots for 5 silhouettes at the turkey and ram ranges. Rob was shooting with Remington high velocity Golden Bullet ammo and was missing much more than me (I think he's a better shot than me too). We switched ammo and I was missing all over, high and low. Went back to Winchester and was back to knocking them down one right after the other, so it seems the GSG is a bit picky about what it likes to eat.

Attachments

• gsg-todd.jpg
      gsg-todd.jpg
      64.3 KB · Views: 304
    • gsg-rob.jpg
      gsg-rob.jpg
      37.6 KB · Views: 307

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If by chance the Remington ammo you mentioned is the kind that comes in a little green and yellow box, then it is understandable the stuff wasn't too accurate. I shot a few boxes of that stuff and just handling the ammo was a bit startling. You could see some of the bullet tips wobble around a bit in the shell. Seemed to be some pretty crappy quality, that is if it's the same ammo I'm thinking of. Man, if only these things could accept an auto sear! ;)

edex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    congrats on your pickup! I want to get one too, hopefully before the dems come into office

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    I tore it down and cleaned it this evening. Man, .22 is dirty stuff.

The tear-down is simple enough, one screw each to remove the stock and the pistol grip lower, one screw for the receiver stop piece, then the receiver slides out.

I used Break Free CLP, wipes and q-tips. 200 rounds yesterday put a good amount of grit and shit in the action. It all cleaned up real nice though.

Have I mentioned I really like this rifle? :D

gsg_clean1.jpg

gsg_clean2.jpg

gsg_clean3.jpg

gsg_clean4.jpg

gsg_clean5.jpg

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Yeah, that's the one. It's a very good clone too, you can use some MP5 parts on it. It'll also use some airsoft MP5 stuff.

Good inexpensive fun!!

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    MP2.gif

You can do so much too these.Madhouse,are you going to put stuff like this on yours?I just ordered one from JG sales and should be getting mine tuesday.

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Yeah, I've got an EOTech and a short 5x scope sitting around, so either of those can go on it. And I like the folding stock like in your picture, or maybe a collapsible one.

Top Bottom