• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Well not really a new firearm but I did get my Advantage Arms LE .22lr conversion for my Glock 19 today. First thing I did was clean it up and oil it(as I do with any new firearms) and headed to the range. I put a total of 500 rounds through it to "break it in" and I was very impressed. The first 400rds where CCI Mini-Mags and the last 100rds where Remington Golden Bullets (which AA recommends in their kits). I only had one malfuction, it was a FTE on the 2nd round....other than that it was flawless. I did remove the slide and reclean/oil it every 100rds. I didn't really check for accuracy (will do that next weekend when I have more time) but I was nailing our 8" steel plates at 25 yrds without a problem. Overall I'm pretty happy with it and I think it'll make a great addition to my G19. Also ordered 2 extra mags from AA on Thurday and already got the in the mail today too.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I have been wondering how the conversions are, was looking into them after a former co-worker recently purchased a g19 and a conversion. looks good.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    At last weeks FW Gun show I had one of those in my hand and almost bought it. But I didn't :( That would sure help with the ammo costs, and from your report it seems to function pretty well. Did you order that on line, or from a local vendor?

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    I got the !&-22 LE kit for my glocks. I swapped out the sites to match the ones I use on my pistols. Only trouble it gives me is not having enough extra mags for it and figuring out which .22 will run in it and which won't.

I probably put about 1K of .22 through it a month and not a lick of trouble that isn't ammo related sinec I picked it up in March. Accuracy wise its pretty spot on. Its not in the same class as a ruger bull barrel or what not, but it definitely makes practicing a lot easier.

I had been looking for one since back in the summer of last year. Only ones I could find were non-AA kits or a AA LE 19-23 kit like yours. I seriously considered buying a 19 just so I could get the kit.

About two months ago I picked up a 26-27 LE kit for my father-in-law and some extra mags for it. It shoots just as nice, but we had to do a little shade tree gun smithing to get some finger extensions on the mags so they would feel like the standard mags with Pearce extensions that we both use.

malladus

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I figuring out which .22 will run in it and which won't.

About two months ago I picked up a 26-27 LE kit for my father-in-law and some extra mags for it. It shoots just as nice, but we had to do a little shade tree gun smithing to get some finger extensions on the mags so they would feel like the standard mags with Pearce extensions that we both use.

malladus

So which ammo have you found runs best? I can usually get Mini Mags to run in just about any auto loader, but they are a bit harder to find and a more expensive than Goldens or other bulk packed ammo. And I'm guessing the pierce adapters (+0) can be made to fit?

Top Bottom