• ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Is accuracy really important to you? If yes, then no.

Do you want to reload for it? If no, then no.

Do you want a wide range of practical bullet weights and velocities in one pistol or sbr? If yes, then yes.

JMO...
    great analysis and spot on target

Reactions: gll

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Maybe not catatrophic on a world-wide scale, but definitely sucks for the rifle and maybe for the shooter...

Well, I learned something today. My very few experiences with the Whisper and BO have always been with long, heavy bullet loads normally loaded subsonic. I couldn't imagine that one would fully enter a 5.56 chamber. But...
    A 300AAC/BO can be loaded in a 5.56 chamber if the 300 has a very short OAL. Its one of the places the afore mentioned .08" makes itself felt
    ...there are clearly gaps in my knowledge.

Thanks for the lessons, guys.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

The link above is a detailed thread on a .300BLK Cartridge Chambered then fired in a Geissele Super Duty 5.56x45mm AR15.

Admittedly I used to believed that there was no way a .300BLK would seat into a 5.56 chamber, until someone showed us that it could.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Well, I learned something today. My very few experiences with the Whisper and BO have always been with long, heavy bullet loads normally loaded subsonic. I couldn't imagine that one would fully enter a 5.56 chamber. But...
    ...there are clearly gaps in my knowledge.

Thanks for the lessons, guys.
    Not positive, but depending on powder charge, I think most of those long bullets would just jam deeper into the case, if the bolt is just released from hold open.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring

The link above is a detailed thread on a .300BLK Cartridge Chambered then fired in a Geissele Super Duty 5.56x45mm AR15.

Admittedly I used to believed that there was no way a .300BLK would seat into a 5.56 chamber, until someone showed us that it could.
    You realize that folks have to read 9 pages into that thread before the cause of the trouble is confirmed? I want my 3 minutes back. :)

Seriously, thanks. Interesting read and it also inspires confidence in that riflemaker.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    1614104644158.jpeg
    1614104644158.jpeg

I pulled this illustration from the AR15.COM thread. Geiselle actually fully warrantied their rifle after the user put a 300BLK through it. I’ve used Geiselle Triggers for years, but after reading the thread I’m going to pick up one of their Super Duty Rifles before the ban that we are only one mass shooting away from. Disclaimer: I am not a shill for Geiselle Automatics.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    You realize that folks have to read 9 pages into that thread before the cause of the trouble is confirmed? I want my 3 minutes back. :)

Seriously, thanks. Interesting read and it also inspires confidence in that riflemaker.

That is true for about 90% of the threads on AR15.com. I don’t post there for that very reason. There is a lot of info there however as it is the largest gun forum on the net.

Reactions: gll

Jaymo888

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    Houston, TX
    It’s just a rebranded 300whisper, I’d just stick with 7.62x39

They are practically twins....AAC sure knows how to market. Also them coming out with the honeybadger at the same time probably helped. Instant cool and military cred.

If the whisper was SAAMI standardized or you could find ammo, would be a game changer

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    They are practically twins....AAC sure knows how to market. Also them coming out with the honeybadger at the same time probably helped. Instant cool and military cred.

If the whisper was SAAMI standardized or you could find ammo, would be a game changer
    300bo is the SAAMI standardized 300whisper...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    The 6mmTCU/6mm-45, 6.5TCU and the 7mmTCU have been around for decades and I would would chamber for any and all over the slo-poke 300bo. But I would have different uses for them other than the useless to me subsonic deal.

Top Bottom