• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M1Garand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Yes... If you don't have a Lever-Action, you need one! They're awesome. Me and dad used to plink with his Mossberg 464 all the time, was tons of fun. Plus, with practice, you can put rounds out FAST! I need to get me one in .357 Magnum... or maybe .45-70, that way you can take on anything in North America.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Yes... If you don't have a Lever-Action, you need one! They're awesome. Me and dad used to plink with his Mossberg 464 all the time, was tons of fun. Plus, with practice, you can put rounds out FAST! I need to get me one in .357 Magnum... or maybe .45-70, that way you can take on anything in North America.

I'd love a 45-70 but don't think I could pay for the reloading supplies "!! I suppose its a rifle you don't shoot a lot. A rifle you get good with then use it when needed. Original marlin 45-70s were still reasonable when I was looking at them. Around 400 to 600 bux depending on the condition and material of construction.

M1Garand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I'd love a 45-70 but don't think I could pay for the reloading supplies "!! I suppose its a rifle you don't shoot a lot. A rifle you get good with then use it when needed. Original marlin 45-70s were still reasonable when I was looking at them. Around 400 to 600 bux depending on the condition and material of construction.
    Yeah, if you can get a Marlin .45-70 Gov't... Jump on it. IIRC, it only holds 3+1 or 4+1. But it is a one-shot stopper. Also, you could probably afford the reloading supplies... not sure how much you can shoot full power loads, though. It's like shooting a 10 Gauge.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Wow, hadn't seen this thread before. I've got a Marlin 336 in 30-30 which I just went and looked at. Never noticed the JM stamp before. I'm guessing that dude's pushing 40 years old. Need to to a SN search. I love it, the only thing is the ammo problem these days. I found a couple of boxes sitting alone, by themselves at Walmart in Buda about two months ago. Haven't found any since. I'll bring it on the 25th for the shoot if anybody wants to play with it.

edit - made in 1969.

Last edited:

iamsamcrawdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Aransas Pass
    been thinking about getting one as well. I went on the Henry website and got a free catalog sent to the house. got a free sticker to boot. would love a 30-30 but waiting on payday.

M1Garand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    been thinking about getting one as well. I went on the Henry website and got a free catalog sent to the house. got a free sticker to boot. would love a 30-30 but waiting on payday.
    Might want to hold off on the .30-30... People are buying that stuff up like it's 5.56 and x51mm NATO down here.

Top Bottom