• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Needed to check some batteries on a few things. Good thing I did.
    thumbnail-1.jpeg
    thumbnail-3.jpeg
    thumbnail-4.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I am being very nosey I've been looking for some NV what is the price of the set up
    That DBAL is actually not the eye safe version nor is it stolen So that is worth big money. A PVS-14 from $2K up to $5K . Team Wendy Carbon Exfil helmet $600.00. Norcross INVG mount the PVS-14 to helmet $500.00. M312V SCOUT LIGHT® WEAPONLIGHT $600.00

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Sweet I don't know if I will get that fancy but I'm going to try
    I found going cheap has many draw backs. A helmet that is hot and moves around on your head reason not to wear it!

You can buy a surplus mount that is worn out on e-bay cheap, where a new rhino mount is $200.00.

Whatever you buy you don’t want stolen USGI coming back on you!

I have my first Pro Tech helmet for I’d sell cheap!

You can always buy a mount for a PVS/14 to mount behind a red dot, if the red dot has the NV settings. That saves a bunch of money, but parks your ass in a stationary place! My set up allows walking around and pointing the laser on target!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    DBAL IR designator/laser & SureFire Vampire IR/ Visible light combo.

View attachment 282113 View attachment 282114
    Here is my helmet & PVS14 set up. The PVS-14 is the actual night vision.

Serious question since I used to run some of that stuff and PVS-31s on your dime; what do you use it for?

Just because I can is a fine answer…I’m a frugal bastard and have a hard time dumping money towards stuff I don’t see a personal use case for.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Gun fashionista!

Personally, I think a colander attached to yer noggin with a stampede strap is just as good a helmt and cooler too, plus you can wash veggies with it when the need for a salad comes about.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Fair enough; I find thermal fits my budget better, but if I could afford some BNVDs or SWIR I’d be all over it. Especially SWIR.
    Thermal was pretty much non existent & extreme high dollar when I started buying night vision. I started off with a PVS 7 like 30+ years ago! My DBAL which came much later is a Laser Devices not a Steiner. I seem to remember seeing 2008 on that.

Buddy of mine who hangs out with the guy with the really impressive NFA collection said he out of the blue showed up with a panoramic set. Said he called Tactical Night Vision Company and they sold him a real killer set up!

Top Bottom