Got my Dan Wesson 1911 back... Bobtailed Grip

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Texas Bulldog, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Texas Bulldog

Texas Bulldog Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Had it done at Nagles gun Shop in San Antonio. The guy did a "Good" job... i wouldn't say great but im happy with the results. I think he could have made the mainspring housing cut match with the frame but i was looking at some ed browns and night hawks in the cases and several looked just like this.

He did a great job blending the grips though since they are #'s matching to the frame i wanted him to do it.

Overall im happy... $150 for the work and 40bux for the new scaled MSH. Its super comfortable and i can't wait to shoot it Wednesday :thumbs:

Id say my only gripe about the whole deal was how they handled communications with me. I dropped this one and my Springfield Stainless Loaded (to be refinished) off and they gave me a quote and said "This is very loose... we'll contact you as we move along... 2 weeks for the Bobtail and 3 weeks for the refinishing"..

I never heard from them... I had to call and check on it, make sure i in no way left them a blank check... And even dropping it off and picking it up I really got the cold shoulder... Like I wasn't "Cool" enough or something... It was a strange feeling really... maybe because im 27 and not 57? (no offense)... OH well... they did a good job, but i'll think twice before dropping off another gun. The overall experience was slightly above average.. and slightly above because they did a good job on both of them for some very VERY fair prices :banger:

2rxeiw3.jpg

2v9x5yu.jpg

2znxqgn.jpg

2hofdwg.jpg

2. Traxless

Traxless New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The DW looks great. But I agree with your general point of view. If you can't treat me like a valued customer, than adios. And that means me and my hard earned money. The older I get, the more obnoxious I get with poor service. Thanks for your post.

3. 87'vette

87'vette Member

Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Looks great. :banger:

4. junkyguns

junkyguns Active Member

I had a dw c-bob it was a joy to shoot the bob tail configuration is THE most comfortable by far all 1911's feel great but the bob tail is like great with blue bell !

4129825876_377254c51a.jpg

5. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Nice gun, but I am suprised to read that you dropped 2 guns off with a company that you haven't used before. Did you get a better package price for 2 or do you know someone who used them? Just curious. Looks real good.

6. Texas Bulldog

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    yes and yes. They came highly recommended... and they did give me a sweet deal on getting 2 jobs done.

JOe

7. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    My Father-in-law loves Nagles, spoke highly of them, my wife and I don't care for them much. Definately not very customer oriented IMO, work looks nice though

8. Texas Bulldog

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    With the other fullsize 1911's in the Family

34jb1ox.jpg

91lc9y.jpg

6yecz5.jpg

9. F350-6

F350-6 Well-Known

May 25, 2009
    Looks good. I've been thinking of bobbing a commander. Now I'm thinking about it even more.

10. Texas Bulldog

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I tell ya... ESPECIALLY if you have larger hands, its SO comfortable. Im 6'3" 250 with matching hands and the lower part of my palm hangs off my 1911's and i get the sharp point dug in as i grip/shoot... the Bobtail is amazing!

I think it also looks good. IMO its a great affordable mod :happy0001: