• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Had it done at Nagles gun Shop in San Antonio. The guy did a "Good" job... i wouldn't say great but im happy with the results. I think he could have made the mainspring housing cut match with the frame but i was looking at some ed browns and night hawks in the cases and several looked just like this.

He did a great job blending the grips though since they are #'s matching to the frame i wanted him to do it.

Overall im happy... $150 for the work and 40bux for the new scaled MSH. Its super comfortable and i can't wait to shoot it Wednesday :thumbs:

Id say my only gripe about the whole deal was how they handled communications with me. I dropped this one and my Springfield Stainless Loaded (to be refinished) off and they gave me a quote and said "This is very loose... we'll contact you as we move along... 2 weeks for the Bobtail and 3 weeks for the refinishing"..

I never heard from them... I had to call and check on it, make sure i in no way left them a blank check... And even dropping it off and picking it up I really got the cold shoulder... Like I wasn't "Cool" enough or something... It was a strange feeling really... maybe because im 27 and not 57? (no offense)... OH well... they did a good job, but i'll think twice before dropping off another gun. The overall experience was slightly above average.. and slightly above because they did a good job on both of them for some very VERY fair prices

2rxeiw3.jpg

2v9x5yu.jpg

2znxqgn.jpg

2hofdwg.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Traxless

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The DW looks great. But I agree with your general point of view. If you can't treat me like a valued customer, than adios. And that means me and my hard earned money. The older I get, the more obnoxious I get with poor service. Thanks for your post.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Nice gun, but I am suprised to read that you dropped 2 guns off with a company that you haven't used before. Did you get a better package price for 2 or do you know someone who used them? Just curious. Looks real good.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    My Father-in-law loves Nagles, spoke highly of them, my wife and I don't care for them much. Definately not very customer oriented IMO, work looks nice though

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Looks good. I've been thinking of bobbing a commander. Now I'm thinking about it even more.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Looks good. I've been thinking of bobbing a commander. Now I'm thinking about it even more.

I tell ya... ESPECIALLY if you have larger hands, its SO comfortable. Im 6'3" 250 with matching hands and the lower part of my palm hangs off my 1911's and i get the sharp point dug in as i grip/shoot... the Bobtail is amazing!

I think it also looks good. IMO its a great affordable mod

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    I tell ya... ESPECIALLY if you have larger hands, its SO comfortable. Im 6'3" 250 with matching hands and the lower part of my palm hangs off my 1911's and i get the sharp point dug in as i grip/shoot... the Bobtail is amazing!

I think it also looks good. IMO its a great affordable mod

+1
    I had my commander done recently, liked it so much I may have my full sized ones done too. I don't plan on making the commander my full time carry piece, but the comfort factor alone justified the cost of the conversion (to me anyway)

BTW Bulldog that is a good looking family of 1911's you have there

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Looks good Joe! Maybe I should have charged you more for that pistol!
    Im not gonna hide it, I got a SMOKING price from you Why else would i have driven that far

Thanks though... Its the center of my collection. Im having some custom grips made right now and then it will get some engraving It's my "BBQ Gun".... something just a little different and 10mm to boot

Top Bottom