• MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Not me.

I carry some very severe pepper spray.

Doesn't injure the dog, but temporarily hurts likes hell and demotivates his attack.

On a few occasions I've had a dog owner get upset I protected myself.

I was ready to spray them too as they acted like I should simple tolerate being bitten....

If I go down from your dog attacking me, chances are he won't survive.

I also carry a gun and a fixed blade knife.

Keep your dog under control from attacking innocent road travelers as I don't want to kill your dog, but if necessary I will.
    I dont disagree at all. For those folks who say "well dont ride your 4 wheeler on the road". What if I was walking down the street and your dog attacked me then?

People need to control their pets. I have some trash living up and across the road from me and he has like 5-6 yard dogs that are nasty as hell. They roam around the nearby acreage and other peoples property. One day I was walking my dog up one of the county roads that is mostly abandoned and I heard some barking. 4 of those dogs were bounding from the tree line over to where I was at. I had my glock 43 and my GSD with me. My GSD was at my feet putting herself between me and the incoming pack. I drew my Glock and was ready to lay waste to them.

Out of the brush my neighbors GSD who is a 110 pounder came rushing. He trucked the nearest shit dog who skipped across the ground about 5-10 feet. Rest of them scattered with the big boy at their heels.

Moral of the story is some people are mongoloids who cant keep control of their animals. I have no problem shooting a dog that is coming to hurt my dog, my family or myself, whether I am on foot or on my quad.

That said, I will go out of my way to just avoid any situations like that but some times that just doesnt happen.
    Target Sports

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Here is the neighbors GSD who tackled the one dog:
    IMG_0595.JPG

And here is my dog, Dookie:
    IMG_1504.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    A friend had a big white one. Dude was a beast, and ruler of his domain. But he still would lay down so I could scratch his belly.

Top Bottom