• ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Can't get what I shoot at Wally World

Understood... but that's not really the point. The background (aka, semi-tradition) is that WalMart was one of the first big retailers to refuse to put up 30.06 signs, here in Texas. Early on, a lot of retailers were hit with letter writing campaigns from 'antis' (Moms Demand-type groups, etc.) and Wal Mart resisted the pressure. Several years later, Kroger was another large retailer that basically told them to 'go pound sand'. So, in a mild, half-hearted effort, doing the 'Wally World' walk as your "first official" CCW [at the time], became kinda a way of acknowledging Wal Mart standing their ground against 2A antis.
    I'm not sure how the Hawaiian shirt thing got started. Maybe somebody else can shed some light on that aspect of "the tradition". I'm not sure how widespread this is beyond the 'Texas Gun Talk' forum but it's a fun, quaint little tradition for new CCW'ers.... LTC'ers!

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Understood... but that's not really the point. The background (aka, semi-tradition) is that WalMart was one of the first big retailers to refuse to put up 30.06 signs, here in Texas. Early on, a lot of retailers were hit with letter writing campaigns from 'antis' (Moms Demand-type groups, etc.) and Wal Mart resisted the pressure. Several years later, Kroger was another large retailer that basically told them to 'go pound sand'. So, in a mild, half-hearted effort, doing the 'Wally World' walk as your "first official" CCW [at the time], became kinda a way of acknowledging Wal Mart standing their ground against 2A antis.
    I'm not sure how the Hawaiian shirt thing got started. Maybe somebody else can shed some light on that aspect of "the tradition". I'm not sure how widespread this is beyond the 'Texas Gun Talk' forum but it's a fun, quaint little tradition for new CCW'ers.... LTC'ers!
    the first time I OC'd was Wal-Mart! Even had my kid take a pic to send to my poor, poor bastard friends in CA.

OC'd there this morning as well. I am at Wal-Mart entirely too much.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    Thanks for the information. I have been carrying concealed since 2013. The Texas LTC was not my first gun permit. I do have some Acapulco shirts and have been waiting for an excuse to wear them. Hell after I put one of those on I'll look like every body else at Wally World.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'm not sure how the Hawaiian shirt thing got started.

Pretty sure that's got something to do with the fact that if you're "concealing" with a Hawaiian shirt or with a fanny pack, you might as well be carrying openly, as far as the experienced eye is concerned. Maybe.

Top Bottom