DK Firearms

Got myself a Christmas gift. HOMEBREW noob.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    was going to get the deluxe kit because northern brewer had a free dark star burner with the deluxe, then i realized i had a burner we use for crawfish boils. ended up getting the essential kit which is just 2 plastic buckets, 1 for fermenting, 1 for bottling, came with the Irish Red extract kit. Threw in a gravity kit, a 5gal kettle, and a 6gal plastic carboy for a 2ndary fermenter. came to $17x.xx shipped. Also when you spent $125+ you got a free Caribou Drool extract kit.

tWKETmR.png
    DK Firearms

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    im gonna do a few batches of stuff, then i might start experimenting with different yeasts and shit like that. my LHBS actually gives away old/expired yeast packets, might could grab a few and do starter with them.

if i get really into it, i might go as far as doing all-grain brews

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    It's a lot of fun! The big things to remember are keep everything clean, and do the cold break as fast as humanly possibly.

I still have a couple bottles left of a porter I did almost 6 years ago that ended up being 10-12% and probably 80ish IBU. How I managed to get the ABV that high is a mystery, and over hopping it turned out amazing.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    It's a lot of fun! The big things to remember are keep everything clean, and do the cold break as fast as humanly possibly.

I still have a couple bottles left of a porter I did almost 6 years ago that ended up being 10-12% and probably 80ish IBU. How I managed to get the ABV that high is a mystery, and over hopping it turned out amazing.

already knew of the cold breaks. i know if its too slow ill get a "chill haze". i might have to get a wort chiller next.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    My cousin up in Garland has been brewing for around 13 years. He really makes some nice beer now.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Wished you lived closer. I'd be willing to offer a free independent opinion of your progress.

okie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    It gets expensive. Not the beer itself but like guns I always see something I want to improve my set up. Just made a mash ton out of a 10 gal cooler.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom