• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danny06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    north side of Houston
    Whent to the Conroe Gunshow this last saturday, looking to purchasing .380 ammo 4 boxes for 69.06. Instaed the gentleman charged me 690.66, he told me that the amount should be voided. I quess I F#@! up Wednesday still waiting for it to be cancelled. Any suggestions on how to deal with problem before I think up something uncivilized. :banghead:
    ARJ Defense ad

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    Call your credit card company...Tonight! Cancel the charge, immediately. You can get with the guy who sold you the ammo later and make it right. If he didn't immediately cancel the charge and make it right, then he either doesn't know how to use his machine, or he had no intention of doing so.

Again, call your credit/debit card company and dispute the charge. Stop payment on it, and if you have a number for the guy who did it, give him a call in the morning and tell him you stopped payment on the charge and will send him a money order or check after the canceled charge goes through.

That's what I would do anyway. Good luck.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Good advice. This guy could have reversed the charges on the spot. I don't know how much you keep in the account but if its a debit card the bank will bounce other transactions and cost you a fortune. This is a major source of income for bankers. If you use a Debit card and charge gas they will routinely block off $74+ even if you buy $10 worth. Its supposed to go away when the actual amount is processed and that can take 24 hours or more. Its a racket.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I agree, the first thing you need to do it call the CC company.

It's possible it's still in processing. I had one recently that did that. A double charge and 1 was credited. I finally found that they did indeed submit it, but that it took longer to process than a charge. 3-4 days later it cleared.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I agree, the first thing you need to do it call the CC company.

It's possible it's still in processing. I had one recently that did that. A double charge and 1 was credited. I finally found that they did indeed submit it, but that it took longer to process than a charge. 3-4 days later it cleared.

Agree with all about calling CCC but as this post said......could still be processing. It's funny but even at Wal-Mart a purchase is posted usually before I can get home but a credit takes 3-5 days.....sometims longer.

Okie556

Broncrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Parker County
    All,
    when a charge is voided on the cc machine it prints out a receipt that shows the voided charge. If you do not get a copy of this receipt then you have no proof that it was voided.

Broncrider

Top Bottom