• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I went in yesterday morning for my heart catherization. Doctor put in two stents. Everything went well. Doctor said I should be back to my everyday routin by tomorrow.
    DK Firearms

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I sure hope I never have to go thru that.

Diet & exercise, which I obviously don't do very well. Regular medical check ups is another thing. I don't have any chest pains or other symtoms, so if it wasn't for my annual checkup, I probably would never have gone to the cardiologist in the first place.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Better than re-plumbing the whole lot.

No kidding. There was an older gentleman (~70yrs old) sharing my room and he was going to have an artificial heart valve implanted on Monday.
    My prayers will be with him. Hope he comes out ok.

ambidextrous1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Speaking from personal experience, the surgery's a breeze, but recovery/rehabilitation can be troublesome.

Be alert to signs of depression; it's a very common post-operative phenomenon. If you become depressed, do not use or accept a prescription for Lexapro! Other (non-prescription) medications will work better; ask your doctor.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    db, Also glad to hear you are "opened up" Dad had the same thing done about a year ago. No signs of trouble, just felt tired all the time. My wife (RN 23+ years, several in the cath lab) made him go in to be checked out. 3 stints later, 1@ 99% other 2 @ 80%. He is doing better now. Not so sure about the exercise thing. He was a runner all his life. Even ran the LA Marathon several times. It has more to do with keeping on top of diet for the most part. But he has more years now for his grandchildern. It's a good thing! MG

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Wow!!! Again, glad you're ok. After watching the video, I think I need to make some diet changes...I don't wanna go through that LOL

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    It has more to do with keeping on top of diet for the most part. But he has more years now for his grandchildern. It's a good thing! MG

MG, +1....I have 3 stents now. First one was 3.5 years ago. Was doing fairly well with the diet and ok on the exercise (2-3 times/week) but kind of went bad around last October. Doc found two 80% restrictions on one artery. Went to the gym yesterday but only got on the treadmill and walked for 1 hour. Which is what my Cardiologist told me last year. I don't have to run, just walk but do it for at least one hour and keep your heart rate under 120. Will go see the Doctor later today and get more info. I'm really glad to hear about your Dad!

Enjoy your purdy bruise......mine was "lovely", lol.....

ZX9RCAM, I don't have much of a brusie. What I do have is a few welts from removing the freaking tape that was holding the bandage on my groin area. I know the nurses went around my hairy leg with the tape, on purpose. I'm still removing some of the glue left behind by this tape. Needless to say my leg and groin area isn't as hairy as it was last week.

Top Bottom