Join TexasGunTalk

Got tired of waiting...

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by Fortitude88, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fortitude88

Fortitude88 Member

May 2, 2013
    Flower Mound, TX
    The wait time for a pistol at SPS Guns in Carrollton is bullsh!t. Larry, the owner, 'claimed' he ordered 5 Kimber pistols back in December; I'm skeptical.. He (Larry) told me I could place a pre-order with his gun shop for my pistol, a Kimber Ultra CDP II. So on April 30th I put down $200.00 as a downpayment. Waited until June 2nd for my gun to arrive at SPS Guns. It never did. So, that same day, I picked up the phone and called around some of the area Kimber dealers [a list generates on Kimber's website for dealers in your zip code]. Sure enough, the first one I call - Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine - had one Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 left in stock. And behold, my new Kimber:

20130603-Kimber-8351-Edit-Edit.jpg

Apparently my $200.00 downpayment at SPS Guns is non-refundable, and cannot be used as store credit. I think that's wrong, it's bad business, and I wouldn't recommend SPS Guns to anyone. That's my two cents. Happy to have my pistol, but feel conned/mislead/misinformed out of my $200.00.

2. kusai

kusai Well-Known

Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Thats why I always use a CC in these types of shady dealers deals. Can't deliver ? just refund the money.

3. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 1, 2011
    Odd OP. Undoubtedly you want kudos on the gun but the majority is spent ranting.

You asked about all this before you made the down payment, right?

4. orphanedcowboy

orphanedcowboy Active Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Well, I for one would consider $200 lost on a Kimber a good day. I have 3 of their paperweights and will never own another.

Sent from my tesla coil

5. Fortitude88

Fortitude88 Member

May 2, 2013
    Flower Mound, TX
    Firstly, the difference between ranting and informing is one of opinion. Secondly, who are you to tell me what I want? You're nobody. Thirdly, I did ask about 'all this' before the transaction. There's no written policy that was disclosed to me and/or visible in the shop regarding refunds, and verbal agreements are non-binding in the state of Texas as of 2007. You can read about all of this and more on the internet (you're on it now), or through the Better Business Bureau. But pace yourself. Reading takes time and discipline.

6. RstyShcklfrd

RstyShcklfrd TGT Addict

Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I feel significantly less bad for you after reading your second post. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

7. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    Agreed with rsty! Lol

8. dreyes89

dreyes89 Active Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    Imo, when one post their new item on the internet, it usually means you want to show it off and get likes/comments on it.

And on this day, zero fucks were given...

9. Glockster69

Jul 1, 2011
    crybaby.gif

rofl1.gif rollin.gif rofl1.gif

10. Glockster69

Jul 1, 2011
    Kudos . . . lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.