• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    August 5, 2012 show is up. Sorry for the delay...It's been another one of those weeks at the office. Hoping for a quiet weekend so i can crash. In other news, I have a couple articles coming up for the blog this weekend so stay tuned.
    Texas SOT

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So, how exactly does one listen to a podcast? I've got an Android phone, I listen to the Tunein Radio app. It has an option in the menu that says podcasts, but a search for Guns over Texas Radio turns up no results. Is there a different app I should use that would make it easier?

Is a podcast downloaded and then listened to, or do you listen to it as it's coming in like watching a youtube video?

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    So, how exactly does one listen to a podcast? I've got an Android phone, I listen to the Tunein Radio app. It has an option in the menu that says podcasts, but a search for Guns over Texas Radio turns up no results. Is there a different app I should use that would make it easier?

Is a podcast downloaded and then listened to, or do you listen to it as it's coming in like watching a youtube video?

Sorry for the delay, Chris. I didn't get in until late last night but, mroper hit the nail on the head. Our podcasts are simple MP3 files just like any audio you might typically use on a PC or Android device. In testing it has worked for Macs/iPads/iPhones as well. There's a link on the page that gives you access to every podcast we've posted so far (Podcasts | The Official Guns Over Texas Radio Blog). I'm working on yet another rebuild of the site and I'm hoping to make access to the podcasts easier for everyone with FeedBurner and iTunes. There's a YouTube channel in the works as well. It's been a busy week at the office so I'm a couple days behind on getting this past Sunday's broadcast up but, I'm hoping to get that up today.

-Gary

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Thanks mroper and Gary. If I tranfer them onto my sd card in the phone, do I use a file explorer to locate them and the phone will know which program to open them with, or do I need to find and open the file using some sort of mp3 player?

Sorry for the simple questions. I thought I was doing good to listen to live radio over the bluetooth. Since all my sports teams are either out or in poor condition, I need something other than sports talk to occupy some of my time during the day and this sounds interesting.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I put them in the folder where the audio files are stored . When I put it back into my blackberry and they show up in the Podcasts menu. different devices might work differently.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've got a folder called podcasts. I'll stick it there and see if I can figure out how to play it.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Yup. Got two more coming up today. Been a little distracted with work and family lately. My mom was diagnosed with uterin clear cell carcinoma a few weeks back which has burned a lot of my time off air. Will hopefully be back on track going forward.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Prayers go out for your mother.

I'll look for the podcasts when the internet picks back up around here.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom