• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Guy came in, dropped off his Glock complaining it was shooting 10" low at 15 yards after some night-sights were installed. Unfortunately I could not reproduce his problem, it seemed to hit the center of the target. ;)

I wish I had a dollar for every excuse, and likewise I'd like to know why I heel one shot out of the magazine every time I shoot for groups.
    Guns International

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    hahahah nice! Dont you love those days you get to say... YOU are the PROBLEM! In my line of work we tend to say "The Problem IS Between the Keyboard and the Chair"

Yeah, that's every day I am at the range. I try to be blunt about it, but help people out at the same time. It's amazing what a tip or two can do for people when they listen. Generally I can get just about anyone to hit the center of the target as long as they listen. Sometimes they start shooting better than I do, which isn't saying a whole lot, but it's usually pretty exciting for them.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Sort of like the PEBKAC diagnosis in tech support (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair). Or when supporting field technicians, the more far concise TIAI (Tech Is An Idiot).

EDIT ...and I see that I was slow the punch on PEBKAC, with no option to delete my post. Oh well.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I'll never forget when my sons were about 8, and Santa Dad gave them Red Ryder BB Guns for Christmas. I had set up a nice BB trap in the back yard next to a mound of compost wwe had there. After I helped them to understand sight to target alignment, trigger pull & the shoulder mount, they both started blazing away. Looked like someone went after the target with a no choked 12ga, from 25yards away. My oldest handed me the gun and said it was defective and he could not hit the broad side of a barn with it. I hung a new target and proceeded to form a smiley face around the bullseye with the bullseye as the nose. My son said "see dad you are worse than we are with the gun". I said nothing and proceeded to shoot out the bullseye, shot three clothespins off my wifes clothesline, much to her dismay, shot several pecans off the limb of one of my pecan trees and lastly shot three of the 4 pushpins holding the target to the frame. Both sons were amazed at just how accurate these guns were, as was I. Needless to say many a sparrow, grackle & crow lost their lives to those guns over the next few years. The boys, now men, have stored the guns for their children to learn on. What's amazing is that the store salesman tried to talk me out of the guns as they were "worthless" and a "waste of money" in his opinion.

tex

Skyjunky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Sort of like the PEBKAC diagnosis in tech support (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair). Or when supporting field technicians, the more far concise TIAI (Tech Is An Idiot).

EDIT ...and I see that I was slow the punch on PEBKAC, with no option to delete my post. Oh well.

We refer to people like that as DEU's or DAU's.

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Guy came in, dropped off his Glock complaining it was shooting 10" low at 15 yards after some night-sights were installed. Unfortunately I could not reproduce his problem, it seemed to hit the center of the target. ;)

I wish I had a dollar for every excuse, and likewise I'd like to know why I heel one shot out of the magazine every time I shoot for groups.

I'd have sold him an HK or 1911 as a trade :p

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Should have told him it was set for "wound", then take it in the back for a few minutes (do nothing) then bring it back out and say, here, I reset it for "Kill"

RCP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Little Elm, TX
    Hahaha! Reminds me of the time I went shooting with a buddy who blamed his inaccuracies on the "cheap Wal-Mart bullets" he was using. I gave his gun a whirl and didn't seem to have the same problems he was.

Top Bottom