• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    It hit me last night about 2a.m. Right ankle this time. I've been almost 6 months without a flare. The entire ankle is red, hot, and swollen. To those of you who have had it, you understand. To those who have not, say a prayer of thanksgiving!

I'm taking colcrys and Idomethican. Can't take allupurinol due to liver concerns.

Gout SUCKS!
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Battling this for years, I've come to the conclusion stress is my major trigger, and not food - although I avoid shellfish, red meats, and gravy! And I don't drink beer or wine, even though I like them both - a lot!

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Some blood pressure medicines can cause joint pain that seems just like gout (and hurts just as freaking much).

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I had a bout with gout 9 years ago. Extremely sensitive and painful big toe. The doc gave me a script for Naproxen and that cured it. Haven't had a recurrence since. Not sure what causes it. Some say too much red meat, soft drinks, and alcohol causes a build up of uric acid in the body, which leads to the inflammation.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Uloric. Pricey and takes a couple of months to settle in but effective and easier on the kidneys and liver than allopurinol.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I had a couple of gout flare-ups in my late teens and early 20s. I don't remember what I did. The pain was so excruciating I just did whatever the doctor told me and I got ahead of the condition. It's never come back (knock on wood) and my heart goes out to anyone who has to deal with it regularly.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    You ask 10 different doctors what causes it, and you'll get 10 different answers (besides the obvious "too much uric acid")

I'm on allopurinol, it's been working for me... but there is no cure all for it. I've stopped an attack when it was starting by taking a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate in lemon juice and water... the lemon just makes it more paletable. ymmv

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom