Venture Surplus ad

Gov. Abbott Rips ‘Loyalty’ Screening In Place For Troops At Biden Inauguration: I’ll Never Send Troops To D.C. Again

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Bring 'em home then!
    Gov. Abbott Rips ‘Loyalty’ Screening In Place For Troops At Biden Inauguration: I’ll Never Send Troops To D.C. Again
    1611092256088.png

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott (TX) on Monday night ripped into the so-called “loyalty” screening of tens of thousands of National Guards troops to secure the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.

Linking to a piece from The Washington Post concerning the excess screening of 25,000 National Guard troops, Abbott posted: “This is the most offensive thing I’ve ever heard. No one should ever question the loyalty or professionalism of the Texas National Guard.”

“I authorized more than 1,000 to go to DC. I’ll never do it again if they are disrespected like this,” warned Abbott...

(Full article at title link)
    ARJ Defense ad

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yup. Bring them home.
    If they are that scared, let them get private security.
    Here is a question that makes you go hummmmm?
    Why would a legitimately elected POTUS be afraid of the military?
    Perhaps because he is not?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Yup. Bring them home.
    If they are that scared, let them get private security.
    Here is a question that makes you go hummmmm?
    Why would a legitimately elected POTUS be afraid of the military?
    Perhaps because he is not?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Of the many questions on this, mine is: who authorized this level of response? Who set the rules of engagement?

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Well. They have about 17 hours.

They don't seem to think so... having the trial AFTER the inauguration is unconstitutional according to many scholars, yet there is one stinking precedent of a lower level figure, so they think they can just go ahead and do what they want.

Who is going to stop them? Perhaps as usual they get away with anything and everything and are never held accountable for it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Just out of curiosity, why did Texas send troops to DC in the first place?

Short version: USSS tasked DoD to provide support to the National Security Special Event. DoD tasked the National Guard, who provided the required forces, and when the request for more came in, the call went out to the state Military Departments to provide the additional forces.

There’s a lot more to it than that, experience tells me USSS has already consumed it’s entire FY21 budget just for the inauguration, since USSS ‘pays back’ DoD and other federal agencies for the expenses incurred to accomplish the mission.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    If he had any balls he would recall them. This is just posturing

Hoji,

ImVho, SENDING them to DC was a CRITICAL ERROR. - Our governor should have just said: NO.

Now, he needs to WITHDRAW our troops & preferably BEFORE NOON today.

COOPERATION with "LOONY Joe" & any of the other DIMocRATS is NOT in Texas' self-interest. = For the next TWO YEARS the SMART MOVE is RESISTENCE.

Imo, "RINO MITCH" & all the other swamp creatures need to be OUSTED from the GOP. = We should tell them: Get aboard the PATRIOT TRAIN or be left behind.

just my OPINION, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    So, the Left felt they had to vet US troops that have already sworn to protect the constitution?

So much wrong with this I can't even begin to go into it.

twain55,

SPOT ON.

ImVho, ALL of us who took the OATH should now also RESIST & engage in NON-COOPERATION with the LEFTISTS, regardless of what title they give themselves.
    (As a fan of President Theodore Roosevelt, I bitterly resent the RADICAL LEFT using the "name" of PROGRESSIVE. = The last of the TRUE Progressives died out before WWII.)

yours, satx
    USA, Retired

Top Bottom