Gun Zone Deals

Gov. Abbott Rips ‘Loyalty’ Screening In Place For Troops At Biden Inauguration: I’ll Never Send Troops To D.C. Again

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    This shit makes me ****'n SICK.

As it stands, if there really was undeniable proof of election theft and DJT decided to not to defend the republic, and just leave because "I tried every legal avenue", then America is OVER, forever.

Only ones who can take it back now are the people, and I don't believe we will. I DO believe it was stolen, and therefore believe that Trump could have declared martial law and arrested media figures, agency figures, tech figures, and political figures and saved the republic. I believe it was his DUTY to do so.

But I suppose there's a chance it wasn't stollen...

For the first time in my life, patriotically, I am torn between giving up on America and spending all of my time and energy on Texas and ensuring it's freedom, or STILL paying attention to the affairs of our nation and continuing to write, call, vote, and hope that somehow there is a way to come back from this.

I don't know... I just do not know. The federal reserve is too big and has gone on for too long. The nation has rotted from the inside with the federal reserve triggering its decay at its core. All four presidents, who were assassinated, all had one thing in common; They all challenged private central bankers. So if It's really over, and we can't save it, maybe we just isolate Texas and save our Republic of Texas.

Remember, once Texas falls, there will be no other place ON EARTH to flee to. Freedom will be wiped from the face and communism will embed its many tentacles into every facet of human life, in every part of the world, for GOOD. Technology has come too far for "we the people" to ever over come at that point.

I guess, in my mind, it's now or never. OR the election wasn't stolen, they are completely fair, and we need to just try harder next election.

Pshhhhh, yea... Old **** Joe The Pedo Biden got 80million votes while he sat in his rocker and rambled on TV. That's what my fellow Americans want in a president. I'm certain...
    Guns International

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Just out of curiosity, why did Texas send troops to DC in the first place?

Vetting governors to see would resist and and who would not.

Seems all are OK with turning DC into Baghdad. Practice run successful.

For folks who are not paying attention, much of SW DC is locked down. Not just the Capitol and WH. There are thousands of business and homes in the area that are now closed or locked down.

1484671790.png

Sand Hills

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Seguin
    Abbott's power to recall the Guard units is zero, and so is his power of keeping them from being deployed by the Feds in the future.

The National Guard is a reserve force of the federal military (and was originally created as such). It is not really a state militia despite advertising claims to the contrary, the Governor can only have the Guard when the Feds are not using it (and when the Governor is willing to pay the Guard out of state funds). The Feds have the ultimate call on where and when the NG can be deployed. The Governor cannot legally override that. It's been hashed out in courts before. Federal orders take precedence over state orders.

Even if the Guard had not already deployed, it would be unlikely he could stop their deployment even if he was willing to do it "illegally." When you join the Guard you swear an oath to both the federal and state governments, and I suspect any Guard soldier or airman who followed the governor's order to stay home rather than the federal call up could be prosecuted under the UCMJ for failing to report to duty.

Now if the Guv issued a "stay home" order, and the bulk of the guard units obeyed it... that would still be illegal, but it would very interesting...

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    D.C is a one square mile area. Where in the hell did they put 30,000 troops?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Abbott's power to recall the Guard units is zero, and so is his power of keeping them from being deployed by the Feds in the future.

The National Guard is a reserve force of the federal military (and was originally created as such). It is not really a state militia despite advertising claims to the contrary, the Governor can only have the Guard when the Feds are not using it (and when the Governor is willing to pay the Guard out of state funds). The Feds have the ultimate call on where and when the NG can be deployed. The Governor cannot legally override that. It's been hashed out in courts before. Federal orders take precedence over state orders.

Even if the Guard had not already deployed, it would be unlikely he could stop their deployment even if he was willing to do it "illegally." When you join the Guard you swear an oath to both the federal and state governments, and I suspect any Guard soldier or airman who followed the governor's order to stay home rather than the federal call up could be prosecuted under the UCMJ for failing to report to duty.

Now if the Guv issued a "stay home" order, and the bulk of the guard units obeyed it... that would still be illegal, but it would very interesting...

Sand Hills,

What you said is ONLY true if the Guard is FEDERALIZED & it is NOT right now. = Governor Abbott could have just said: NO.
    (Do you REALLY believe that President Trump would have even tried to overrule the Governor??)

yours, satx

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    National Guard units are assets of their respective states, under the command and control of state governors and adjutant generals, commonly referred to as the “TAG.”

National Guard can also be activated/federalized by Title 10 authority, usually for expeditionary missions or training. While federalized, the Guard is controlled by the combatant commander of the respective theater, and ultimately by the U.S. president.

Article I, section 8 of the U.S. Constitution allows the federal government to call the Guard into federal service in order to execute the laws of the Union, to suppress insurrection, and to repel invasion.

In a purely federal status under Title 10, National Guard members are stripped from their domestic policing powers and are subject to the Posse Comitatus Act, which was passed during the Reconstruction Era to prevent the Army from engaging in civil law enforcement activities. Specifically, its intent was to end the use of the Army to police elections in former Confederate states. One of the few exceptions to the restrictions of the Posse Comitatus Act is the invocation of the rarely used Insurrection Act of 1807, which empowers the president to suspend Posse Comitatus and employ federal forces, including the National Guard, within the United States to “suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy.”

But to note, it was President Trump that issued this call-up, not Biden. The latter didn't have that authority until he completed his oath of office this morning.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    10 U.S. Code § 12406 - National Guard in Federal service: call

Whenever—

(1)the United States, or any of the Commonwealths or possessions, is invaded or is in danger of invasion by a foreign nation;
    (2)there is a rebellion or danger of a rebellion against the authority of the Government of the United States; or

(3)the President is unable with the regular forces to execute the laws of the United States;

the President may call into Federal service members and units of the National Guard of any State in such numbers as he considers necessary to repel the invasion, suppress the rebellion, or execute those laws. Orders for these purposes shall be issued through the governors of the States or, in the case of the District of Columbia, through the commanding general of the National Guard of the District of Columbia.

(Added Pub. L. 103–337, div. A, title XVI, § 1662(f)(1), Oct. 5, 1994, 108 Stat. 2994; amended Pub. L. 109–163, div. A, title X, § 1057(a)(5), Jan. 6, 2006, 119 Stat. 3440.)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Lastly, four governors did refuse to send their National Guard troops to DC last June, so they do have the authority!

Four Governors Refuse to Deploy National Guard Units to D.C. | Tenth Amendment Center Blog

Article I, Section 8, Clauses 15 and 16 make up the “militia clauses” of the Constitution. Clause 16 authorizes Congress to “provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia.” In the Dick Act of 1903, Congress organized the militia into today’s National Guard, limiting the part of the militia that could be called into federal service rather than the “entire body of people,” which makes up the totality of the “militia.” Thus, today’s National Guard is governed by the “militia clauses” of the Constitution, and this view is confirmed by the National Guard itself.

1. to execute the laws of the union,
    2. to suppress insurrections, and
    3. to repel invasions.

The Constitution requires Congress to declare war before the president can commit troops to any offensive military action. It logically follows that under the “laws of the union,” a constitutional deployment of National Guard troops to an overseas combat zone can only occur after a congressional declaration of war.

State governors should not facilitate unconstitutional actions. And they clearly have the authority not to.

Top Bottom