• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    I did my duty and prespent my Trump Buxs
    A new Ruger 57 is inbound from Gunbroker should see it next week. One popped with a $639 BIN so I just had too.
    So how does GB get away with selling without charging tax ?
    Or am I in for a surprise when I pick it up lol
    Its my first gun for the year I have been slacking
    It used to be that a business does not have nexus in the state, was not required to collect sales tax for purchases from that state. Quill v. North Dakota and South Dakota v. Wayfair changed everything when they reached SCOTUS. Now if you do over $100,000 in sales or 200 sales transactions in a state, you collect sales tax for that state. (I could be off on that $$ threshold.) I expect you'll pay tax when you pick up that gun.
    DK Firearms

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It used to be that a business does not have nexus in the state, was not required to collect sales tax for purchases from that state. Quill v. North Dakota and South Dakota v. Wayfair changed everything when they reached SCOTUS. Now if you do over $100,000 in sales or 200 sales transactions in a state, you collect sales tax for that state. (I could be off on that $$ threshold.) I expect you'll pay tax when you pick up that gun.

Not from Gunbroker ads unless the person selling collects it up front.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

My record of paying tax on Amazon purchases stands at less than 10% of my purchases.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    In any case, if there is any ironic justice left in the world, this poorly conceived transfer of wealth from future generations, it will be that at least 30 million new guns--that is, over and above what would be bought anyway in anticipation of a Democrat president--will be purchased by American citizens. AND...the magnitude of the new gun purchases is so great that even the mainstream media is compelled to report it.

The image of Nancy Pelosi and Chucky Schumer both suffering strokes upon hearing the news, would be a happy sight. (And I don't care what that makes me.)

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013

The 100K is a recommendation. The state of TX has adjusted it to $500K in sales.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Got deposit today but looked up wife and it said couldn't verify eligibility. :50cal:

2019 was the first year she actually got a return, she usually owes, so perhaps if they looked at her 2018, and the fact it didn't have any direct deposit info she may be getting a check instead???

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    She should go to the webpage and fill in the info or from what they say its going to be a WHILE before checks go out.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    She should go to the webpage and fill in the info or from what they say its going to be a WHILE before checks go out.

Yeah, I seen that too. However it does say for "non-filers" which she is not, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add it anyway.

ETA...or maybe not. She doesn't fit into any of these categories except for being a citizen.

Who should use Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info to provide additional information to receive the Economic Impact Payment?
    Eligible U.S. citizens or permanent residents who:

• Had gross income that did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples) for 2019
    • Were not otherwise required to file a federal income tax return for 2019, and didn't plan to

I read an article of others getting similar messages, so perhaps it's a glitch of sorts.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...ments-but-many-taxpayers-report-problems.html

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    one of the people on trumps team said if you do not get your direct deposit by Wed then you should log on the webpage and submit your info.

Top Bottom