Join TexasGunTalk

Government incompetence. Share your story.

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by Sam7sf, Jun 24, 2019.

1. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Well-Known

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    That's someone hitting the wrong button on the scanner.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  2. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Well-Known

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    You made out. You got the package back AND $50. It can take time to get stuff back if it goes to the mail center in Atlanta for lost mail.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  3. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Well-Known

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Sublime and deemus like this.
  4. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Well-Known

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Don't get me started on the counter clerks at the USPS.

My old station was open 8-5. Clerks get a 1 hour lunch. So you've got four counter clerks that all want their lunch around noon. That can't happen so they would have one go at 11:00, one at 11:30, one at 12:00 and one at 12:30. That means for most of the lunch hour there are only two clerks. Of course this was one of our busiest times of day. Management had permission to bring in a part time clerk for four hours a day to cover lunches but didn't want to have to start up a new cash drawer. After months of poking and prodding we finally got management to get that part time clerk in there.

As a letter carrier if one of my customers had a complaint about the counter service I gave them the direct number to the Postmaster's office. Forget about the stupidvisors and station manager, go right to the top.

Some of those window clerks had no sense of urgency. There was a 45 day period where I was recovering from an on the job injury that they had me out in the lobby helping people out. I had business cards printed up with the Postmaster's phone number. That resulted in two of our clerks being pulled off the window due to poor job performance. They sent in secret shoppers several times and those two clerks failed every time. Bye bye day job.

I'd get so pissed at some of the people I worked with. It's a pretty nice job and all ya gotta do is your job.

Here's the big hint. There's very little reason for the average person to actually have to use the counter clerks at the PO. Most everything they do can be done online.

The deal with last mile Amazon packages....that's FedEx or UPS marking them shipped. Amazon always sees the LAST scan. So if it's marked delivered by FedEX or UPS and then USPS scans it as delivered later that's the delivery date.

C_Hallbert, karlac, Dad_Roman and 2 others like this.
  5. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    No these aren’t the ups or fedex contracts. These are the shipments Amazon hands off directly to the regional usps distribution point. On the tracking you see those steps, and you’ll see the scans for the handoff to usps, another for the arrival at your local post office, another entry for “out for delivery”, then delivered - just no package. The delivery report is even detailed enough to say where, like “left in parcel locker.” Nothing in the locker. Next day or so rolls around and it shows up.

C_Hallbert likes this.
  6. Sublime

Sublime Active Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Correct. My dad died like 2 days before his monthly check was deposited and damn if the Credit Union didn't call me and threaten to freeze the account over it. Apparently SSA takes the money back from the CU and the banking institution then comes to you. My dad did not live long enough in the month to qualify for it, I kid you not.

You hear about Food Stamp Fraud, Fake Disabilities with SS, and people gaming the system for millions but they can't be concerned with that when they need to make sure to stop electronic deposits of those who truly need it. I was so pissed.

As I get older, I sometimes feel like Douglas's character in Falling Down. My life would be absolutely great if I just didn't have to deal with human a..holes on a daily basis. My dad was a huge cynic, hated any govt. official, organized religion (despite being a knowledgeable Christian), and most business leaders. I now see why.

TheMailMan, Dawico and baboon like this.
  7. TxStetson

TxStetson Usually Here TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

1. So after my previous rant about our letter carrier, she developed a new habit on Monday. When packages are too big for her to crush and force into the mailbox, she now drives up into the driveway, and literally throws the box out the Jeep door up by the garage door. Most of my neighborhood has video of this happening over and over.

2. Yesterday she left a little green slip of paper in my mailbox notifying us she wasn’t able to deliver a certified letter, but fat ass never left the vehicle. She just pulled up to the mailbox and stuck the green slip in it, and my doorbell camera recorded it. I spent 45 minutes on hold yesterday with the main Abilene Post Office trying to figure out where to get said certified letter. I get to the Post Office at 4:15 and waited in line about 5 minutes. The clerk took the slip into the back to retrieve the certified letter, and didn’t return until 4:53. When he finally returned with the letter, it wasn’t even for me. It was for the same house number on the next street over.
    I have never seen another person so blatantly not do their job.

ZX9RCAM and Southpaw like this.
  8. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
  9. HKShooter65

HKShooter65 Well-Known

Really Vaq?

Sigh.

Dang. I post a positive comment about a governmental institution (Our invaluable postal service) and get called a troll.

I get home excited about today's gun find/purchase.
    A proud and magnificent AR.
    Check it out. I'm so pleased.
    Here:
    https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/what-gun-did-you-buy-today.72599/page-263#post-1918196
    Then I'm a troll?

I suppose that if I were to praise the TSA for it's astounding accomplishment at making US air travel radiantly secure, efficient, pleasant and safe I'll be castigated and reprimanded as a nay-saying moron/troll.

This propogation of negative attitudes about our treasured national public services is a sad commentary on our dysfunctional contemporary discourse!

HKS
    Glass 100% full, always.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  10. WT_Foxtrot

WT_Foxtrot Active Member

Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas

Damn dude.....you must have REALLY hated it every time over the last 40 years we've been told were doomed, either being burned to death or drowning, unless we give up our pickups, homes and most of our income.

I'm with you. I hated it too. At least this last one gave us 12 years so we have time to live it up. Even though she gave us 12 years, talk about Negative Nancy! Sheesh......