Join TexasGunTalk

Government shut down/glad it effects TSA

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by baboon, Jan 9, 2019.

1. digger

digger DIGGER TGT Supporter

May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Surprised this clown is allowed to panhandle on here...thread was removed and assumed he was banned,,but he shows up all over!!

sharkey likes this.
  2. pipe dreams

pipe dreams Member TGT Supporter

Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    No reason to be banned and you have no idea why I had the thread deleted. I do thank those that support gvt workers like myself. This thread here is about the shutdown, so my post is a valid one. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. It's back to work in the morning for me, still without pay.

3. roadkill

roadkill Well-Known

Jul 5, 2013
    224f066cd319697e7732f628f3fb4f32.jpg

toddnjoyce, Big Green and pipe dreams like this.
  4. pipe dreams

pipe dreams Member TGT Supporter

Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    I always get the patdown as I refuse to go through the body scanner. I wish more people would "opt out". The more that opt out, the more likely they are to not use the scanners.

5. tact

tact Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    Thousands of others are doing the same. You are not special. Directives were sent out that specifically stated NOT to set up GoFundMe pages......you should abide.

6. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

I'm thinking I really need an optic for my Christmas AR pistol. I haven't had a pay check since 9/17/18 when I filed for Social Security Disability do to my health. Wonder how much sympathy money I could get with a go fund me page? Hell $250.00 would do it. I'd panhandle the intersection by the house, but might have to shoot my completion (use to think about it while waiting @ the light on the way to work anyway).

PhulesAu likes this.
  7. Sandoval

Sandoval Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    I've tried to stay out of this. I felt bad for you at first, but the more you type the less I feel that way. We get it...you're a federal employee and required to work without pay until the government shutdown is over if you want to keep your job. You're not even the only one in over their head after a recent large purchase. If it were me (and everyone is different), I would do whatever it took to make things work for my family. Work a second job, evenings, weekends, Uber...whatever worked with my situation before I would go to an internet forum where no one knows me. But you do you...

8. sharkey

sharkey Well-Known

Feb 25, 2013
    $250? Heck go out on a busy corner of intersection. You'll have that by noon.

As for TSA, well I already made my feelings known. The Startlegram reported that some "essential" employees were not getting paid. Problem is the media is so far in the tank for the left, I do not knw who to believe. The Fed Govt. has become a fat albatross (much like many Americans). It's long past time citizens demand congress stops wasting tax dollars for chit like building Mosques in the Middle East and every little pet project the congress person has in a bid to be re-elected. Despite all that, THIS is not even about that. DT has not curtailed spending by that much. Your grandkids are gonna pay the price. THIS is about one party being a POS and not doing what is right but then the have a long history of that by murdering all the potential unborn tax payers and freeloaders

9. jetcycles

jetcycles Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    It took me longer to get this margarita than it took me to get through security at Hobby a few minutes ago...

4b67661aa12505af411d25c42cd9df79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharkey and toddnjoyce like this.
  10. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I had to fly a great deal immediately after 9/11. For a while, there, it didn't matter what they did. When there are only 5 people on any plane, security goes pretty quick.

Nowadays? Well, the TSA doesn't get a lot of sympathy from me. I don't mind them doing their jobs. I don't mind the job they do. I do mind the too-high percentage of incompetent employees they seem to retain.

toddnjoyce and Sandoval like this.