"Gran Torino" w/Clint Eastwood

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JKTex, Jan 9, 2009.

1. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    A must see!!!

If this is the last big thing he does on the big screen, it's more than enough!

:patriot:

2. Mcoupe

Mcoupe Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I am looking forward to it. The GREAT thing is that my Dad used to own that car. Same color and stripe. I remember vomiting in it when I was 7.

3. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Guy I work with seen a bootleg said he had to buy it. Said he tought it was Clints was of flipping off at what's wrong with America. Told me the stacked like sand bags line.

4. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Good movie just saw it today:happy0001:

5. claymore504

claymore504 Well-Known

Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    It is good to hear all the positive feedback. I have wanted to see this movie soon!!! The previews are awesome. Maybe I will try to see it this weekend!

6. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Take a hankie with because ther are a couple of scenes that
    drew a tear to my eye.

7. onac255

onac255 Active Member

Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    can't wait to see this one. I went on Friday night but everybody and their mother was at the cinema me and the girlfriend went to and the guy selling tickets said we weren't going to find seating next to each other...definitely seeing it this week though.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    After having met Mr. Eastwood several years ago, I will definately spend the $ to support his movies. He is a first class gentleman.

9. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    Not a great movie by Eastwood's standards, typical liberal view points that have been standards for the past 30 years,old white war vet who dislikes immigrants but grows to love them because he sees the error of his ways. Wait and see it on tv.

Personally I go to a movie for entertainment not to be enlightened, but I will add some good spots to movie but nothing like Forgiven. Just my 2 cents.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I saw it yesterday. Eastwood's performance was very good. Everyone else looked like rookie actors so their performances were kindo wooden.

The racist, hatefilled, self loathing Korean war vet gains enlightenment and redemption through self sacrifice.

No regrets in seeing it. 2 1/2 stars. Not as good as Unforgiven or Outlaw Kosie Wales but worth a gander.