Capitol Armory ad

Grand Solar Minimum = get used to the kind of cold...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Hope The Big Chill doesn't happen, cold blast killed some of my plants, and EP wasn't near as bad as other parts of TX.
    I am worried about much of my shrubs and some trees.

Pine tree needles turned brown in a few days time. All of them. Never seen that before.

One massive live oak has dropped almost all its leaves, way more than the others.

Don't know if young red oak or mimosa will survive.

Numerous shrubs appear dead. Rose bushes look sad.

Hope they come back.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    I'm most bummed about the Tangerine bush. Produced the tastiest fruit, but it's looking really stressed right now, hope the little fellow makes it.

If it dies, don't know what to replace it and the goners with.

Warm weather stuff in case we get hit with MMGW/Climate Change/Bob, or whatever the AOC crowd calls it these days...

or cold weather tolerant stuff in case a Grand Solar Minimum does put in an appearance 2029-ish.

:beat:

wmullis0

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Nc
    Solar minimums and maximums have basically zero effect on our weather and climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So your saying 5-6 years of elevated temperatures have zero effect on temperature of the ocean? What circus do you work for?

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Don't know if young red oak or mimosa will survive.
    Ha, we planted a mimosa last summer. Doubting that it will bounce back, but hopeful.
    We had a huge cactus, like a prickly pear, but fewer needles. It got completely flattened. It appears to be mostly dead, but the core may still be active. We need more warm and some rain.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So your saying 5-6 years of elevated temperatures have zero effect on temperature of the ocean? What circus do you work for?

But how elevated? And will the effect truly be material?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm no environmentalist whacko, but coal plants are not exactly great. Natural gas and nuclear are much cleaner than coal. And I mean "cleaner" as in "not dumping tons of radioactive smoke into the air we breathe".

I'm not a 100$ certain, but I think the newer coal burning power plants are a lot cleaner burning and produce less emissions than the older power plants.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I remember back in the 70's they were talking about a mini ice-age. Then it was global warming now it is going back to the mini ice-age they seem to run every 30 years or so. The 1930's was a good example of the suns maximum time with dust bowls etc. You can't stop mother nature she will do what she damn well pleases she controls the weather and temperatures not mankind.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Lol, what temps are you talking about? Temps on earth? Surface of the sun? Thermostat in my house?

How elevated? By .15-.25%? By 3%...10%?

I don’t think I ever said zero effect anywhere either. I may have said no effect, but I’ve generally been speaking in terms of noticeable effects that would result in some change in out daily lives.

I never once mentioned ocean temps.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm no environmentalist whacko, but coal plants are not exactly great. Natural gas and nuclear are much cleaner than coal. And I mean "cleaner" as in "not dumping tons of radioactive smoke into the air we breathe".

But we need that pollution to stave off the next ice age...

Guess I should have turned on the sarcasm font?

Top Bottom