• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    The sauces on enchiladas can be called gravy as well.
    “Chili gravy” is but one type of sauce one might put on enchiladas. However, NOBODY calls a sauce on pasta “gravy”. There is alfredo, bolognese, marinara, primavera, etc. But none of them are gravy.
    ARJ Defense ad

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    spicy400.jpg

Attachments

• spicy400.jpg
      spicy400.jpg
      18.9 KB · Views: 246

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Actually yes it is. Pasta of the whores! Black olives, capers, tomatoes, anchovies & basil.
    Despite having not a drop of Eyetalian blood according to the DNA test love that pasta putteneasca. I have the original no cook recipe in case anybody wants it. That gave the ladies of the evening enough stamina to make it all day and night. Now I just throw in a can of anchovies with capers and kill two birds with one stone. The frugal pervert has a cooked variant but it aint near as good as this.
    https://www.today.com/food/anns-pasta-puttanesca-wbna4448023

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Despite having not a drop of Eyetalian blood according to the DNA test love that pasta putteneasca. I have the original no cook recipe in case anybody wants it. That gave the ladies of the evening enough stamina to make it all day and night. Now I just throw in a can of anchovies with capers and kill two birds with one stone. The frugal pervert has a cooked variant but it aint near as good as this.
    https://www.today.com/food/anns-pasta-puttanesca-wbna4448023
    Nice thing about it every thing need can be on hand in the pantry, napsack or @ a deer camp.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Sorta like the Eyetalian Mama told her lippy young tenny bopper son..."The Lord gave you two ears and one mouth..so shutta up your face!"

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Why not both?

I tried it once and found that the mushrooms have kind of a "meaty" taste to them so if you combine them with meat it imbalances the flavor of the overall meal as all the meaty additions drown out the flavor of the sauce and pasta so I only use one or the other. It's one of those things that sounds like a good idea but when done turned out to not be the best thing to do. Adding some chopped yellow onions to the meat as it was being cooked turned out to be a great idea, that is if you like onions like I do. :)

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    In my experience, only Sicilian-Americans call pasta sauce 'gravy. In Italian, it is 'salsa'; in the Sicilian dialect, it is 'sarsa'.

To answer the OP, my favorite pasta sauce is Arrabbiata, followed by Bolognese. If I don't want a tomato-based sauce, I go with Alfredo or Carbonara.

If I don't want sauce at all, an olive oil infused with rosemary sprigs or garlic is my favorite.

I won't eat pasta plain.

Top Bottom