• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    mmmm.....I'd really like to hear the audio - because from the LOOKS of things, she's refusing/resisting the officers' instructions. Just not enough to go on based on the video alone. However, I'd like to think the city council DID have full access to ALL the pertinent info, and saw fit to terminate the officers - who at very least went too far IMO.

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've seen a longer version of the video. She was on the phone to begin with and evidently was taking too long so the Officer hung up the phone for her. That looked to be what started the argument. The video I saw did not have sound either. It did look like he asked her to sit down several times and she did not comply. That is when things escalated. If I remember right she stepped towards him at one point and pulled her hand away when he was going to cuff her.

Was still a bit rough though.
    Sent from nunya.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    As usual, the media doesn't actually collect all the facts and present them, only ones that make good entertainment. I am sure her lawyer set this up in preparation of the civil lawsuit they plan to file against the department, especially since they're brought "race" into the mix. Why is it that anytime such an incident occurs involving individuals of different races that card is automatically played?

But since both officers were released I can only assume that an investigation was done and a determination made that they used excessive force despite her failure to comply with their orders.

That said, based on the video, I can't absolve her of all blame in the incident. I see too many individuals who have a blatant disregard towards the police, and an "attitude" that causes things like this to happen.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    As usual, the media doesn't actually collect all the facts and present them, only ones that make good entertainment. I am sure her lawyer set this up in preparation of the civil lawsuit they plan to file against the department, especially since they're brought "race" into the mix. Why is it that anytime such an incident occurs involving individuals of different races that card is automatically played?

But since both officers were released I can only assume that an investigation was done and a determination made that they used excessive force despite her failure to comply with their orders.

That said, based on the video, I can't absolve her of all blame in the incident. I see too many individuals who have a blatant disregard towards the police, and an "attitude" that causes things like this to happen.
    this^^^

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Nice going guys. More outstanding service to the public.

Officers fired when abuse video surfaces - CNN.com Video

Even more tragic that this is in Texas.

You don't already have your mind made up, do you? Your bias is showing.

You write as though the profession of cops is bad. You write as though all cops do bad things. Surely I must be misreading you. Cops are hired from the general population. Just like Doctors, truck drivers, and YOUR profession. I know that people in your line of work have done criminal things, evil things. Does that reflect on you?

The tone of your post is offensive to me and anyone else who has done the job or just is being reasonable. If cops screw up, they deserve to be dealt with. If intent is involved, those consequences should be severe.

Cops do kind, heroic, "not in their job description" things every day. Where are you then?

2sam22

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Georgetown, TX
    Force is never pretty and when captured on videotape and shown excerpts on the 5 o'clock news exposes the average citizen (non-gun owner, non-sheepdog mindset) to it and the horrors of the criminal mind. Use of force is not pretty but often warranted and necessary.

effnoldguy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    North Central Texas
    You don't already have your mind made up, do you? Your bias is showing.

You write as though the profession of cops is bad. You write as though all cops do bad things. Surely I must be misreading you. Cops are hired from the general population. Just like Doctors, truck drivers, and YOUR profession. I know that people in your line of work have done criminal things, evil things. Does that reflect on you?

The tone of your post is offensive to me and anyone else who has done the job or just is being reasonable. If cops screw up, they deserve to be dealt with. If intent is involved, those consequences should be severe.

Cops do kind, heroic, "not in their job description" things every day. Where are you then?

Typical of a cop..... jump all over the messenger or someone who is just a by-stander. Your attitude is offensive to me.

Top Bottom