• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45nut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Odessa
    Las year mt family went to Great Wolf Lodge my kids and wife loved it so we went back this year. I am sad to say as of 09-04-09 it is posted with a 30.06 sign. My family will not be back as long as it is posted.

Spreading the word to every Texas CHL I can to put pressure on them to take doen that sign!

30-06.gif

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    That is a perfectley legal sign, it must contain the exact wording as seen above, in bothe English and Spanish in letters not less than one inch high in contrasting colors.... And from what I am seeing here some of you need to get in a CHL class or request a refund from your instructors....

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    That is a perfectley legal sign, it must contain the exact wording as seen above, in bothe English and Spanish in letters not less than one inch high in contrasting colors.... And from what I am seeing here some of you need to get in a CHL class or request a refund from your instructors....

No kidding right? What good is a license if you can't carry it anyway.

The Great Wolf Lodge is right down the street. Never been there but doubt I'd ever go. Curious, but nothing really pulling me there. Thanks for the headsup on the 30.06

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

The only place I've actually seen the the signs they show you in class (the blue and the red) is at University hospital.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Not surprising though as this is a family oriented venue.

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me either. Not having any little kids, and not being likely I'd be hauling the grand kids there, I don't see my self ever darkening their door.

That makes me wonder if the Gaylord is 30.06. Can't remember a sign, but it's been awhile since I've been there.

ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    my girlfriends parents (quite well off) frequent the Gaylord when they come down to visit, i have been in and out of the Gaylord and i have yet to see anything public about 30.06, that being said, i'm deployed so i havent been there in like 2 months, seein as how Great Wolf is owned by the Gaylord folks, this could've very well changed, that being said, thanks for the heads up cause just last time i was there, they proposed we go over to the water park there, ( i was carrying at the time)

Eagles1181

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Houston
    What I find interesting is the sticker in the top right corner of the picture "Access for All." Then the sign right below it (unless you carry a gun).

Eagle

Eagles1181

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Houston
    Not to start and argument or nitpick, but is glass really a contrasting color to white?

Actually I have carried past signs for a similar reason. It was a clear backed sign with black lettering that they had stuck to a dark tinted window. I walked past it three times and only noticed it the fourth because I was walking out and it was bright outside.

Eagle

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Not to start and argument or nitpick, but is glass really a contrasting color to white?

IMO, it is. Until we get a test case I treat it as such.

That said, 30.06 ONLY applies to handguns carried under your CHL. If I am staying at a hotel, I don't possess the handgun the CHL laws. I carry under penal code 46.02, premises under my control.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    .... And from what I am seeing here some of you need to get in a CHL class or request a refund from your instructors....

I agree completely D. I did a class yesterday and we shot this afternoon. I guarantee you that ,at least today, my students are WELL AWARE of where and when they can or cannot carry. I know instructors here in town that would be exhausted if their classes made it past 4 hours including shooting.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I just had a thought. Once you rent a room at Great Wolf Lodge, wouldn't your room become your temporary "private residence"? Wouldn't you then be able to carry your gun from your car to your private residence and back? Carrying between your car and residence is not covered under CHL statutes. It's a law that applies to all gun owners.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I just had a thought. Once you rent a room at Great Wolf Lodge, wouldn't your room become your temporary "private residence"? Wouldn't you then be able to carry your gun from your car to your private residence and back? Carrying between your car and residence is not covered under CHL statutes. It's a law that applies to all gun owners.

Look three posts up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom